V E N I C E

Its been two weeks and baby is five days past due. Today's Dion's 28th birthday and we're really bummed that they didn't arrive early enough to celebrate it with us.

Dion's more upset about it than I am because he really wanted to spend his birthday with his 'daughter'. He even told me not to get him a gift because having his child would be present enough.

I still got him something despite him telling me he wanted nothing from me, but I don't plan on giving them to him until it's dark out.

I made sure I woke up earlier than Dion did this morning, at around 7:00 and I made him a huge breakfast with a whole bunch of different foods to choose from, which he scolded me for, saying I should be resting.

I had planned for the both of us to go out and spend the day doing whatever he wanted, but he decided that we stay in bed together for the entire afternoon, listening to music and watching a bunch of movies on Tv.

I order us both pizza and we eat, watching Princess and the frog together for the billionth time.

"I feel bad." I say, picking the chillis off my food and placing them back inside the pizza box.

"Why mama?" Dion pauses the Tv, putting his slice back down on the cardboard. "What's up?"

"I feel like this has been a really terrible birthday. I would've done more if I had known the baby wouldn't come when we th-"

"Bae, it's not your fault." He smiles at me. "Ain't nobody knew lil mama would be late. Not even Elena." He grabs my hands and kisses both my knuckles. "I won't lie, I would've loved to spend today and tomorrow with my baby, but Venice, I swear on everything, I wouldn't trade a single second that I spend with you for the world. This birthday is perfect. Did I tell you I ain't enjoying myself?"

I shake my head, wiping my tears.

Yes I'm crying again.

His words always get to me.

Even more, now that I'm 1000 times more hormonal.

Dion gets off the bed, comes round to my side and gives me a long, soft kiss as he rubs the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I love you mama. Don't ever forget that, kay?"

"Ye-yeah."

He smiles at me and uses his shirt to dry my wet cheeks.
"You can have the rest of my food if you want it, I'm full."

He hands me his box and gets rid of all the parts of my own pizza that I didn't eat.

"The three of us can celebrate as a family next year." He places another kiss on my cheek and forehead before going back to his side of the bed. "You need anything?"

"No."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, you can't help me with nothing today. You gotta not be so caring, just this once."

He hums.

"You have to."

"...Okay."

I check the time. It's almost 8:30 and it's finally dark outside. I decide that now would be the best time to get the gifts I bought him from the room next door.

"I need to pee, I'll be right back."

I rush out the door and head over to my old room. I walk into the closet and search the racks for all the gifts I got him. I pick up two of the bags and place them on the floor beside me as I look for the rest of them.
At that moment, I feel water gush down my legs and I hiss. This wouldn't be the first time I accidentally wet myself. The further I got into the pregnancy, the less able I was to hold it when I needed the bathroom.