D I O N

"I know you know I look good, so I don't really need you to admit it." I whisper into her ear then walk past her into the living room. "You still ain't get the text or call yet?"

"Ion know. Lemme check my phone." She walks in and heads to the coffee table, grabbing her phone and swiping at the screen. "Oh she sent me the okay 16 minutes ago."

"Cool, put your shoes back on, I'm coming with you this time."

"Okay." She moves to grab her shoes from where she'd left them on the floor and we leave the house, getting in the car.

When we get there, the lady waves at Venice and ushers her to back over to the machine. I stand by the large window, reading the posters on the glass.

They return to the front two minutes later and the lady notices me standing there for the first time.

"Oop, give me a second handsome, I'll be with you shortly."

She assumes I'm here to clean something and I'm about to correct her when Venice speaks.

"He's with me."

"Oh okay." The lady taps a few times on her screen. "That'll be 13.50, cash or card?"

"Card." I answer, carefully moving Venice out the way as I wait for her to set up the reader.

"Damn, it's getting hot in here." The worker unbuttons the first three buttons on her shirt and begins fanning down at her cleavage, trying to get my attention.

She drops the card reader on the table in front of me and pulls at her shirt.

"It's ready when you are, handsome. By the way, I love your hair." I ignore her compliment and she leans on the table, staring straight at me as I pay. "Thank you so much for coming. I hope to see the both of you next time, especially you sir!"

Venice grabs my hand and pulls me back to the car. I unlock the doors and she steps in, slamming hers behind her.

I get in on my side, she's sitting in her seat with her arms crossed underneath her chest and she looks mad.

"Don't be slamming my doors like that ma." I tell her, making myself comfortable in my seat. "And what's wrong with you, you were literally fine twenty minutes ago. Have you strapped yourself in?"

I lean forward to check if she'd put her belt on. I tut at her sudden attitude and lean over to grab her belt, pulling it and clicking her in.

"What's the matter?"

"Ain't nothing, asshole."

I make a face. "Then what's with the attitude?"

"Ion got an attitude."

"Girl, look at the way you acting, is it 'cause of the lady inside?" I ask her.

She says nothing but her pout grows and she screws her face at the store.

I laugh.

"I'm taking those damn braids down, first of all." She looks up at me and I laugh even harder.

"She thought I looked good, so what? You did them for me. You should be happy the first person I seen since I got them even complimented your work."

Her face still mad. "Not when she wanted your face between her tits."

I shake my head as I laugh at her again and start the car. "You crazy ma."