V E N I C E

"Trin, you're banned from coming over. Both me and my baby are tired of seeing you in our house almost everyday." I tell her.

Xiomara's laying on my knees, drinking her milk as I lay on the bed with the Tv paused and my phone between my ear and shoulder.

"Mara is not tired of me, I bring her stuff. You the only one who's tired of me. Is it so wrong that I wanna see my niece?"

"Yes it really is, if you annoying her momma."

Xio kicks her legs, making cute little noises, that sound like she's agreeing with me, as she drinks her milk.

"Uh huh baby, you tell Auntie Trin that you fed up of seeing her face up and about our house." I put the phone close to her mouth and she continues making the noises into the mic. "See, did you hear that? My baby said no."

"Girl, I ain't even gotta ask for permission from you, imma come over to see my Mara whenever I want to. You just lucky I remembered that I got somewhere to be in an hour or you woulda heard that doorbell."

I laugh. "Whatever, get off my damn phone."

She kisses into the phone and ends the call.
I look down at Xio and cover myself back up, lifting and resting her on my shoulder to burp her.

After she does, I place her into her carrier, strapping her to my chest and I start tidying up the house a little. I pick up Xiomara's clothes from the floor and off the bed and I take them to her room to hang them back up in her closet.
I place her m rattle in her palm and she immediately grips it starts moving her arm.

When she gets bored of doing that, she shoves it in her mouth, drooling all over it. I fix up her bed and open up her curtains, letting some light into the room.

I take the vacuum cleaner out of the storage closet downstairs and carefully carry it back up to vacuum the floors. As soon as I start up the machine, Xiomara starts crying.
I turn it back off and look down at her. She grips my shirt with both her little hands as she cries louder and I roll my eyes.

"Shh it's off Janelle, stop crying." I rub her curls. "Dramatic as hell."

"Who you think she got that from?" Dion walks up the stairs, all dressed up in his fitted navy suit, ready for work.
He looks sexy as always, with his hair tied up in a bun right at the back of his head and his chest tattoos on show through the little exposed part of his shirt.

"I have no idea, definitely not from me, that's for sure."

I pretend to think and he walks up behind me laughing at my act, pressing himself into my backside. I feel his dick rubbing against my ass and I smile, biting my lip and teasing him a little.

"You lucky I gotta leave now or you'd be bent right over this railing." He nods over to the stairs.

"But I'm holding Xio." I lick my bottom lip, turning to face him.

He looks down at her. "She's falling asleep though."

I realise that she's stopped crying and is fighting sleep, like she usually does. I clean off her mouth with her bib as Dion watches with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing."

"Then why you staring at me like that? Ew." I fake a disgusted face.

"Girl, don't do that, cause I saw the way you was looking at me a minute ago."

"I was NOT looking at you in any way." I deny. "You still ugly as hell."

"Mmhm." He nods, smiling.

My man knows he looks good.

He rubs his thumb over my lip, teasing me and I tut, slapping his hand away. He erupts into laughter and Xiomara flinches at his deep voice.