D I O N

Yep, It's confirmed.

I'm in love with Venice.

I make popping noises with my lips as I stare at the ceiling. That sex felt absolutely amazing.

I've never wished I wasn't wearing a condom so bad before. I wanted to feel her, thrust into her raw and claim her as mine when I came directly into her.

But I couldn't.

'Cause the feelings aren't reciprocated.

She doesn't like me like I like her, let alone love me like I love her.

I sigh and turn on my side.

I mean...it's technically all my fault.
I agreed to this co-workers with benefits relationship.

I chose to invite her to live with me whilst her apartments getting sorted.
And now I can't get her out of my mind.

It's literally only been fifteen minutes since I last saw her and I already miss her presence.

The bed feels way bigger than it usually does and I feel like I just keep shrinking and getting lost in all the empty space.

Why did I have to fall for someone so cold?

I feel so lovesick that my chest burns.

But it's not like I can do anything about it.

I sigh again and close my eyes, forcing the sleep to come.

The next morning, I get up quite early and check my phone for the first time in hours.
There're over ten missed calls from Paige and 18 text messages from her too.

I clear the notifications, getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom.
After I've freshened up I head over to Venice's room to check on her.

She's still sleeping and she has a leg over her duvet sheet and her pillow is at the other end of the bed whilst she lays her head flat on the mattress.

She's so freaking cute.

I let out a quiet snicker before closing the door again and walking back over to my room to get dressed.

My phone rings on my nightstand and I swipe to answer it. Paige's annoying voice fills the room as I press the speaker.

"Hey! Dion!" She sounds mad.

I hum a yes.

"Why'd you flake on me yesterday?"

"Something came up." I answer her, throwing on a clean pair of shorts.

"How come you didn't even tell me? I called you a whole bunch of times and texted you as well. Did you even bother to check?"

"Nah, not till just now. I just told you something came up."

"Whatever. Are we rescheduling? I have nothing to do today." I can hear the hope in her voice.

"Nah I'm good. We can communicate like this and we'll just send each other our ideas instead."

"But Di-" She starts.

"I'll speak to you later Paige." I walk over to the nightstand and end the call.

I throw on a grey shirt and leave the room, heading downstairs to the kitchen.

My phone pings with a message and I sigh, expecting it to be Paige again but it's Lloyd.

Lloyd: I'm on my way over.

Me: Okay. Don't ring the bell, Venice is still asleep just text me again when you get here.