V E N I C E

It's been a month and I'm now almost eight weeks pregnant.
Last week I called up my doctors office to speak to Doctor Vargas and she referred me to a midwife so I can have my first check up.

Dion and I are getting ready to leave and I'm sitting at the vanity fixing my hair and doing my makeup whilst he's running around the house looking for all the papers and documents we need to take with us.

"Baby, slow down. We still have a good hour before we have to leave." I turn around to watch him as he looks in my nightstand.

"I just wanna make sure we have everything we need." He walks up to me and gives me a kiss. "Where's your water bottle mama?"

I hum as I think of where I left it. "I think I left it in the fridge."

"So you filled it up already?"

"Yeah." I drop the hot comb in my hand and start on my baby hairs.

"Okay."

Dion leaves the room again and I hear him going downstairs before his footsteps return.

"It's not there."

I scrunch my face in confusion.
"I coulda sworn I pu- oh! It's in my car."

"Where yo keys?"

"Here." I lift them up from in front of me and give it to him and he leaves the room again.

I get off the chair and walk over to our closet looking for something to wear. I've got a little bump at the bottom of my stomach that I'm absolutely obsessed with. I be rubbing on it all the time, knowing that my baby's growing.

I pull out a black pair of shorts and a red cami then I slide on my red fluffy slides to match. I clear up my vanity, grab all my stuff and pee before heading downstairs to where Dion is.

"You hungry bae?" He asks as I walk into the living room.

I place my hands on my hips, smiling apologetically.
"Yeah, I really want plain marshmallow fruity pebbles."

He stares at me weird for a couple seconds then bursts out laughing.
"That's what you're hungry for?"

"Yeah I'm craving it so bad." I watch him mocking me on the couch, with a smile on my face. "Stop laughing, it's not funny. I'm dead serious."

"Okay mama, let's go get that for you." He gets up and grabs his keys off the table before slapping my ass.

I tut and give him a fake glare.

"It got bigger." He bites his lip.

"Hush." I laugh and step out the house first.

We get in the car and Dion drives all the way to Walmart.
He locks the doors and we walk into the store, heading for the cereal aisle.

"It's here." He tells me.

"Good, okay let's get like 3 packs of it."

"Three?" He looks over at me.

I shrug. "Yeah, just in case."

"Okay. But what we finna do if you don't want it anymore?"

"We can give it to Trinity cah that's her favourite cereal. But I doubt I wouldn't want it."