D I O N

"Ma if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous." I get up close to her face, staring at her lips.

"Jealous? Nah, never that." She laughs. "I ain't jealous of no white bitch."

"Really?" I raise a brow.

"Boy, I said no. Now move." She places both her hands on my chest and pushes.

I thinks she's telling the truth. It's not like she cares. Hell, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't give a damn if Paige and I had sex in her classroom.

She'd probably complain about the noise, telling us to take it somewhere else.

"Okay." I shrug my shoulders and sit back in my chair.

"Dion, I'm hungry." She tells me.

"Sorry Ven, I gots to finish marking my students' pop quizzes before tomorrow."

She hums. "Okay. Maybe Devon would agree to take me out."

She hops off my desk and heads towards the door.

Oh hell naw. Ion like the way that nigga stares at her and she knows it.

She's so damn petty.

"Wait, I'm coming." I grab my bag off the floor and she turns.

"Oh my bad, I thought you was busy."

I narrow my eyes and smirk at her pettiness.

"Get your ass out the door." I nod towards it and she laughs, pulling at the handle.

At the end of the school day, I've dismissed my kids and I'm on my way back up to my classroom for the final hour of work.

"Dion baby!" I hear from behind me.

I stop walking and squeeze my eyes shut as I open them see Paige standing in front of me.

"Dion, I have a favour to ask you." She smiles. "Could you please drop me off at the mall after work?"

"What?"

"It's just that my car broke down yesterday and it's getting fixed. I had to take the bus this morning and I hated it. So...would you?" She pouts her paper thin lips.

"Nah take a Lyft or an Uber or something."

"Why? Dion you know that ordinary cars aren't allowed all the way out here and the next Main Street is miles away."

"Sorry Paige. I can't do nothing 'bout that." I step around her and keep walking.

"Dion wait." She says as I keep walking. "Wait!"

I walk onto my room and shut the door.

Dang, her voice is annoying.

~

After the hour's over, I head over to Ven's room. "C'mon ma let's get going."