D I O N

I leave the classroom with all my stuff and head for the car park, connecting my phone to the car's Bluetooth before pulling off.

"Imma be able to come into work tomorrow right?" She asks me through the phone.

"Depends on how you feeling."

"Dion, it was morning sickness."

"It don't matter, Ion want you feeling sick in your classroom and having to leave right as you come in."

She sighs, tuts and I get the feeling she rolled her eyes. "Yes dad."

I laugh. "You better fix that attitude before I do."

"Really? Whatchu finna do from there Huh?"

"Don't try me Venice. I still got over forty five minutes left before work start back and I promise you imma pull up at the house if I have to."

She goes silent for a while.

"Yeah that's what I thought." I smile.

"Boy hush." She laughs.

I hear the water running and assume she's washing the dishes as I pull up to Pho house for some Chinese.

I disconnect my phone and turn off the engine before stepping out the car and walking into the store.

"Baby, you want me to get you anything from here?"

"Where you at?"

"Pho house."

"Oh, yeah 100%. Can you get me chicken spring rolls, egg fried rice and spicy chicken wings please?"

"Okay. That it?"

"Yeah, thank you baby."

"You welcome." He says. "I agree with yo friend, I want my baby to be fat and chubby when she come out."

"Then imma be fat and chubby by the time they come out too."

"That's fine."

"Y'all doing the most. It ain't even a foetus yet."

"It will be soon though." I tell her, stepping up to the register to order.

I get my food and hers before going over to one of the tables to eat.

Venice and I talk some more before I finish my food and drive back to the school, hanging up the call so I can get to the classroom before my students.

The rest of work day goes by really fast and I'm more relaxed after I've spoken to her. I hurry back home as soon as my kids' have been picked up by their parents or by their drivers and put in the pin code for the door, walking in.

"Bae! I'm back." I shout, closing the door with my leg.

"I'm in here!" She shouts from the bathroom.

I quickly drop all her food on the kitchen counter then rush back onto the hallway to knock on the door.

"You good Venice?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I just keep having to pee. And I got real bad cramps now too."

"You need anything? I'll quickly rush out and get it for you?"

She unlocks the door, clutching the bottom of her stomach. I kiss her and wrap my arm around her waist, placing my hand where hers is.

"It hurt over here?" I ask.

"Yeah." She nods.

"I could get you a hot water bottle from Walmart real quick."

"Okay, but I wanna come too. I need some fresh air. Ion like being inside all day."