D I O N

We get into the car and drive all the way down to Walmart.
I grab Venice's hand and we walk into the shop, towards where the fruits are.

"Which one do you want?"

In the refrigerators, there are rows of fruits in plastic container packets that vary in size. Some have more of one thing than the rest, whilst the others look to have the same amount of everything.

She gets on her tiptoes trying to check the packs on the top row.

"Baby, can you get me that one please?"

I bring down a really big container from where she pointed at and hand it to her.

"Nuh uh, this one don't have enough grapes. Too much banana." She screws her face, handing it back to me. "Are there anymore this size that have little to no bananas in them?"

I look through the shelf, scanning for the same huge packet with majority grapes and hardly any bananas.

I grab one and hold it up to her and she takes it out of my hand to inspect.

"Yeah this one is good enough, imma throw the bananas away though, cah that's nasty."

I sigh at her picky behaviour and grab her hand leading us to the tills.

"Wait baby!" She stops walking as we enter the aisle beside us. "I want Nutella too."

She lets go of my hand, grabbing the chocolate off the shelf.

"What for?"

"To eat with the fruit. It looks like it'll taste real good."

"What?" I give her a confused look, running my hand through my braids. "So you gone eat pineapple and chocolate mama? That's nasty."

"Boy, don't call my food nasty." She fake scolds, grabbing my hand back. "Besides, blame your child."

I laugh as we start walking back over to the tills to pay.

We get in the car and she rips the plastic off the container of fruit, the fork that came with it and the Nutella.

I watch in confusion as she digs the fork into a grape and pushes it into the chocolate before putting it in her mouth.

"There's no way that's good." I tell her, starting the car.

"It is." She glares at me, still chewing, and I snicker.

We get back onto the main road and I think about what I feel like eating as we wait at the red light.

"Where we going now?" Venice asks.

"Ion know yet, we'll see."

I drive towards the centre of town, where there's a lot of fast food chains close to one another and I pull up to the Popeyes drive thru and speak to the worker through the machine.

"Can I please have a spicy chicken sandwich, Cajun fries and the twelve piece nuggets?"

"Sure, would you like a drink with that sir?"