V E N I C E

Cause you hot as as hell and it seems like your parents have some good ass genes.

"Ion know, I'm guessing."

He laughs like he knew what I actually meant.

~

When we get back to the house, I head straight to the fridge for something to eat.
I pull out a tub of mint flavoured ice cream and grab a spoon.

"Dion, can I eat straight from the container?" I ask as he walks in.

"Sure. Ion like that flavour anyways."

I take the ice cream over to the island and sit down, scooping it.

Damn this is good, it ain't taste like this before.

"Slow down ma, it ain't running no where." Dion says.

"Oh my bad, it's real nice. Try it." I offer.

"Nah, I'm good."

"Just a scoop." He shakes his head. "This much." I take a little bit on the spoon and he moves in to take it.

He makes a face as he eats it, grabs a paper towel and spits it out, throwing it in the trash.

"It wasn't that bad." I roll my eyes.

"That was nasty, lemme see that." He takes the container from me and inspects the top and the bottom. "It's outta date ma."

"What really? Ew!" I rush to the fridge to grab a water bottle.

"You okay?" He asks, watching me chug the water. "You ate a lot of it and you ain't taste nothing."

"I don't know." I drop the bottle on the countertop and go over to smell the ice cream. "It still doesn't smell bad."

I look back at him and he looks at me confused.  "That's weird."

I suddenly get a terrible feeling in my stomach and cover my mouth with my hand. "I feel sick." I tell him. "I'm gonna go-" I gag and run out of the kitchen and into the bathroom.

Dion follows after me. "You good Ven?"

I throw up all the ice cream in the toilet bowl and it just keeps coming until I'm throwing up just straight up bile.

Dion rubs my back as I hurl. "Something's up ma."

I get up and walk over to the sink, to brush my teeth and he flushes the toilet, washing his hand beside me.

When I'm done, I leave him in there and walk back over to the kitchen. I throw the ice cream into the trash and look in the freezer for another one. There's a vanilla at the bottom and I check the date before pulling it out as Dion walks back in.

I take out a bowl from the cupboard and walk back to my seat to scoop it.
I look up as I eat.

"What?" I ask him.

"Let's go see a doctor." He says.

"Why?"

"Cah something's up."

"No, I'm fine." I tell him, staring at my bowl.

"Venice, I'm serious. You just threw up after eating expired ice cream that you thought tasted good."

"I'm okay, Dion leave me alone."

He rubs his hands over his face. "Why you so stubborn Venice? You're clearly unwell." He raises his voice slightly in concern.

"Dion it doesn't matter, that was a normal reaction to eating spoiled food." I tell him.

"Not when you ain't notice it was bad!" He shouts.