V E N I C E

When I wake up, the left side of the bed is empty. I get off the bed and stretch, leaving the room and heading into the bathroom to clean myself up. I brush my teeth and shower before coming out and heading back into the room to moisturise and get dressed.

I change into one of Dion's joggers and one of his hoodies then I leave the room in search of the rest of my family.

I knock on the door to Xiomara's room, just in case he'd slept in there overnight. "Dion baby, you in here?" I ask.

There's no reply so I try knocking again, in case he just didn't hear me.

"We downstairs!" Dion shouts up to me.

I smile and hurry down the stairs as quick as my sore pelvis will let me. When I get down, Xiomara's awake and on her stomach against a plastic mat with dolphins on it and she's slightly moving her head and her legs.

"Hello baby!" I coo, getting on the floor and kissing all over her face. She's about to start crying but stops when I pick her up.

I take her into the kitchen with me in search of Dion. He's on the patio in the backyard, pouring salt crystals onto the icy stairs.

I knock on the glass and wave to him with a smile, refusing to step outside with Xio in the cold. He walks in when he sees me and places a kiss on my lips.

"Morning Bae." He places another one right on my neck. "You good?"

"Yeah, I feel so much better today. The pain ain't so bad anymore and I got my appetite back." I tell him.

"Really? That's great." Dion smiles. "I made you French toast. It's in the oven, so take it when you want it."

"Okay, thanks." I walk over to the fridge. "Lloyd left?"

"Yeah, real early. Around 7:00. He's done helping me so he went back home."

"Oh okay." I look down at Janelle's outfit. Today she's got on a pink and grey shirt on with minny mouse on the front with some leggings and a pair of grey socks.

"Bae did you put her in this? It's so cute."

"Yeah. I got it outta one of the boxes. I wanted us to go on a walk when you got up. You you want to?"

"Yeah, course. I feel like going out today." I look down at Xiomara who's busy eating her hand. "You wanna go for a walk today, huh?"

She whimpers and dribbles on my hoodie. "I'll take that as a yes."

"Imma quickly finish up out here, then we can leave."

"Yeah, cool. Imma feed her."

Dion leaves the kitchen, walking back out to the patio and I take little Janelle into the living room with me and I sit on the couch, lifting the bottom of the jumper to breastfeed her.

I use one hand to turn on the Tv and I watch How to get away with murder as Xio eats.

Dion walks into the living room sitting beside me and staring up at the screen. "What episode is this?"

"Season 3, episode 2."

"I ain't know you watched this."

"I only started like, last week." I look over at him. "So you've watched it?"

"Every single episode. Twice over."

"Oh, sorry." I tease.

"Hush." He laughs. "You ain't eat yet?"

"Baby first." I look down. "I think she's done now anyways. Can you get her in her coat whilst I go eat please?"

"Yeah of course mama. Go 'head."