V E N I C E

It's been a week and five days since our first pregnancy scan and I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant.

I've been feeling way more tired than I used to be and tend to fall asleep at the most random times.

I can barely stay awake long enough to fully complete lesson plans for my kids after work and I always end up having to improvise towards the end of the day.
Dion's noticed, and he tries to get me to do little work outs with him in the basement gym whenever I feel fatigued.

My bump has also grown about another couple of inches and I've got faint little light coloured stretch marks underneath my belly button that I'm guessing will get darker as it continues growing.

I sit against the headboard, leaning my back against prick the bear as I trace the lines they've formed.

Dion walks out from the closet and lays down on the bed beside me, turning off the main lights. He reaches behind my head and turns on our wall lamps then faces me.

"Mama you okay?" He asks.

I bite my cheek, running my nails against them softly.

"Yeah."

"You sure? Then why ain't you sleeping? You not tired?"

"I'm tired." I answer. "It's just that your baby's giving me stretch marks below my stomach."

He sits up to look at them.

"What? You don't like 'em?" He rubs on the lines. "Cah they real pretty to me."

I hum and screw my face.

"Ion know...right now they cool but they gon get much darker later."

"So? Venice baby, that's fine. I promise it's real cute."

"But they finna loo-" I start, pushing my lips out in a pout.

"Stop it mama. Yo ass way too pretty to be insecure bout some damn stretch marks. You literally pregnant, it's 100% natural."

He pushes up on his arms and kisses me.

"Now sleep." He lays down, waiting for me to do the same. "Goodnight mama."

I scoot up close to him in the bed and turn off my wall lamp. "Goodnight baby."

~

The next morning, I clean up and put on a cute, blue and lilac T-shirt dress that reaches just above my knees, so my bump wouldn't show through my clothes.

I haven't told anyone at work that I'm pregnant yet, the only person that knows is Devon.

I start heading downstairs for breakfast and see Dion standing by the island on his laptop.

"Morning baby." I kiss him on the cheek, whilst peeping at his screen.

"Hey mama." He wraps his arm around my waist, giving me a proper kiss.

"What you doing?" I nod towards his laptop.

"I'm researching about the hospitals 'first time dad' classes that the doctor told us about."