V E N I C E

I give them both a look as I walk over to the fridge and pull out a bottle of water.

"Why you both smiling like that? It's creepy, stop it." I remove the cap on the water and sip on it.

"You look real pretty ma." Dion compliments.

"Thank you. I'm heading to the dry cleaners to see if I can get the makeup stain outta that dress."

"How you finna get there?"

"Uber."

"Nah, I'll drop you off." He offers,

"But you with your friend, Ion mind."

"Venice I can't le-"

"Dion I said it's cool. Stay here, I'll be back in a little while."

"Okay, but if you need me to pick you up just call."

"Yeah, I'll see you later. Bye Lloyd." I smile at him and he smiles back, waving.

I get outside and walk over to my Uber driver with the Versace bag in hand.

When I get to the dry cleaners I walk over to the lady at the reception.

"Hey, I'm here to wash a stain outta this dress and I don't wanna do it alone in case I create a hole in the fabric." I tell her.

"No problem sweetie, can I see the dress?"

I open up the bag and hand it to her.

"The stain's just right there on the strap."

"Okay, come with me. I know what will get it out."

She walks me over to one of the machines and puts the dress inside before pouring in a liquid and turning on the machine.

She turns to me. "That'll take about three hours so if you'll drop your number here, I'll send you a text when it's done and you can come pick it up later."

"Okay, thank you so much."

She leads me back to the front desk and hands me a little information slip. I fill in my name and phone number before waving to her and leaving.

I book another Uber and wait for it to arrive.

When I get back to Dion's home, I enter the pin and open the door.

"I'm back!" I shout, shutting it behind me.

"I'm in the living room." He tells me.

I walk in and he's sitting on the couch watching some Netflix.
I take off my shoes, lining them up by the door so I don't forget to take them upstairs later.

"Where's the dress?"

"It's still getting cleaned. The lady will call me back to get it later."

"Oh okay."

"Did your friend go home?"

"Yeah."

"Whatchu you watching?"

"Come 'ere." He outstretches his hand towards me and pulls me down to sit on his lap. "I'm watching straight outta Compton."

He wraps his arms around my waist and buries his head in my stomach, placing a few kisses on my fat.

"Stop that." I push his head away.