V E N I C E

From here on you might see a couple pictures cause I can't be asked to describe stuff in words anymore.

~💋

The next couple of months are pretty much repetitive. I met all my new students on the first Monday back. It took me almost a week to learn all their names but some had siblings in the grades above that I'd previously taught before so it was easier for me to grasp.

I was able to stay with them for a month and a half, however, I'm now on maternity leave. There's a cover teacher with my class but I sometimes zoom call them to see how everything is going.

We're currently in January and I'm 8 and a half months pregnant. Baby could be here any minute now so I'm constantly in an out of the hospital all the time for checkups. The baby shower is this weekend and Dion insisted on being in charge of everything. He said he'd make it cute and neutral, just in case he doesn't get a girl.

The house is full of packages that he won't let me open and the suspense is killing me. He still goes to work every week and I always resist the urge to use a pair of scissors and make a hole in one of the boxes.

Right now, I'm in the bedroom, strapping on my pregnancy belt, one of the presents Dion got me for Christmas. It helps to hold my stomach up a little so the weight isn't all on my back.

I grab my phone off my vanity and sit back down on the bed. I woke up kinda late, it's 12:05 in the afternoon so he should be calling me any second from now.

I fix Prick behind my back and the headboard and lean against his fur.
My phone starts ringing and I perk up at the ringtone, seeing Dion's face on the screen and I answer the FaceTime request.

"Hey baby." I smile.

"Hey mama. You just wake up?"

I nod. "Yeah bout an hour ago and my back still kinda hurt."

"Have you done what Elena told you to do?"

"Nope, imma do it after I eat."

"Okay. I left you food in the microwave. Ion want you eating candy soon as you wake up."

I screw my face, rolling my eyes as I forget that he can see me.

"Do that again."

I move my face from the screen and laugh into my hand at his seriousness.

One day I'm gonna test him and I will do it again cause what's his ass really finna do?

Not today though.

"That's what I thought."

"Boy stop checking me." I say, getting off the bed as I make a face at him through the camera.

It's his turn to laugh at me and I walk out the room, heading down the stairs and staring at the front door.

"Baby, more packages came today. A real big one's right beside the door." I tell him, walking around the cardboard box. "You sure you ain't need me to check if they sent us the wrong thing or-"

"Nice try mama, move away from the box, you gon see everything on Saturday, be patient."

"But I can't." I sulk. "There's so many, there's literally boxes everywhere and you won't even let me look inside a single one."