V E N I C E

When we park up at the house Dion ends his call with Lloyd, telling him how it went well and how he's now an engaged man and I step out of the car rushing up the steps to ring the bell. I hear footsteps rushing to the door and a second later, Trinity opens up searching my left hand.

When she spots the ring she screams. "Eeeee!"

I laugh and she steps aside so we can enter the house. Dion follows behind me slapping on my ass before Trinity pulls me into the living room.

"Tell me everything!" She says.

Dion pokes his head into the room and looks around, spotting Xiomara on her water mat on her stomach and cheeses, approaching her.

She looks up and starts crying when she sees him. He picks her up, throwing her into the air once then he catches her, decorating her face in kisses.

"Hey princess!" Kiss. "Did you miss me?" Kiss, kiss kiss.

She stops crying and starts laughing, grabbing at her daddy's beard as he sits with her on the couch.

I focus my attention back on Trinity, showing her the ring I've taken over a million pictures of already. "Dang this must have been hella expensive."

Dion shrugs and Trinity shakes my arm. "Girl you not talking, I wanna know what happened."

"I ain't gotta tell you boo, Dion got people to record and take pictures of the whole thing."I tell her. "We could just watch it."

I pull up my phone and swipe through a bunch of pictures before reaching the video, and we watch the whole 20 minutes together. She swoons throughout the whole thing, and by the end, we're both crying.

"Oh my gosh, y'all are so freaking cute." She sniffs.

I wipe my eyes, crossing my arms. "I can't believe you knew all this was gon happen and you was upstairs with me talking like you didn't know nothing."

Trinity shrugs with a smug smile. "I was once told I should take up acting."

"Shut up." I laugh.

She leans over and hugs me. "Damn I can't believe it, you really engaged now."

"Mmhm." I rub my lips together. "I really messed up all this pretty makeup with all my crying today."

"And you still look fine."

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "Thank you."

She gets off the couch and stretches. "Well I gotta get home now, I got someone waiting for me outside."

I look over at Dion and he smiles at me.

"You can say his name, it's pretty obvious who it is."

"Y'all and your weird ass relationship." Dion adds.

"It ain't him." She defends.

"Yeah, sure." I roll my eyes, laughing.

"Girl bye." She walks out the living room and grabs her coat and shoes, throwing them on. She walks back into the room to kiss Xio on the cheek then waves at Dion and I before leaving the house.