Chapter 15

"You're dumb." Kiyotaka mumbled.

"I didn't know it was a radiator." I informed him as we walked along the cruise ship at night.

It's still summer vacation, but all our classes were taken on a luxury cruise to keep us all together in a controlled area for some test probably. "Anyway, my fever went away four days ago. My body will be fine now."

"What's more important is why Sae called us out to meet her alone." I pointed out annoyed.

"You don't like this interaction?" Kiyotaka asked me.

"It seems the only interesting interactions I have with her only happen when it's just us two, but there's no point for me since the interaction won't bring anyone pain. She's also our connection to the outside world as well." I explained.

Kiyotaka hummed. "She asked us to meet at a theatre." He informed me.

"What?! ITS WORTH IT!!" I exclaimed.

We went to the theatre, and I saw they were doing the story of Icarus. "Oh, Kiyo, that's who you always compare me to." I hummed.

I saw Sae in the audience, but I just watched the show and she looked confused.

Kiyotaka had to pull me along to go sit with her, but he was in a seat between us. "This feels like a waste of taxpayer money." Kiyotaka spoke up.

"Worth it." I hummed as I watched it intently.

"A few days ago, a certain man contacted the school. 'Expel Ayanokoji Kiyotaka and Atsuko Rekka' he said." Sae informed us.

"Nice prank." I nodded.

"I wonder what that could mean." Kiyotaka added. "I don't know who that person was, but you know you can't expel anyone without a reason."

"Naturally. So long as you're a student here, the rules will protect you both." Sae responded. "Of course, if you two cause any trouble, that's another matter altogether."

"All I did was sit on a radiator, calm down." I sighed.

I then saw Icarus flying by making people clap. "I wanna do that!" I exclaimed, and Kiyotaka patted my head to tell me to calm down.

"Sorry to inform you, but unlike the arrogant Icarus, I don't pick fights with the sun." Kiyotaka informed her.

"I can't blame him for flying to close to the sun. I know what it's like to try and do something unattainable for the human body, something that will just kill you for trying. But for me, the difference is everyone else can do it but me, so I will just use them to help me and not die myself like that idiot." I mumbled.

"Your intentions aren't a factor." Sae informed us. "If I decide that you two are a problem, that's what you are."

"Are you threatening us?" Kiyotaka asked her.

"Threatening a girl with a condition? Cute." I laughed.

"I'm offering a trade." Sae retorted. "If you two attempt to reach Class A, I will cover you two, a good deal, don't you think?"

"No." I retorted as we heard the father screaming for Icarus.

"It's out of question." Kiyotaka stood up.

"Then I'm afraid, Ayanokoji, Atsuko..." Sae smirked. "You are both going to be expelled and lose your freedom."

I looked her right in the face and snatched the base of her ponytail making her hiss a little. "Why are you trying to stop me? What benefit is there for you?" I asked blankly.

Kiyotaka grabbed her collar. "You call yourself a teacher?" He asked.

"Make your decision now." Sae demanded. "Will you both try for Class A, or be expelled?"