Chapter 55

"There's someone who wants to meet us," Kiyotaka informed me and I giggled when he put me down inside one of the buildings in front of Manabu.

"Why you here Boob?" I asked.

"Do you two know why I asked to speak to you both?" Manabu asked.

"The Nagumo issue?" Kiyotaka.

"I was hoping it was about trees," I added.

"No, yes." He pointed at me first then Kiyotaka and I groaned. "He already has the Second years in the palm of his hand."

"What do you want us to do about it?" Kiyotaka asked.

"I believe you both owe me a favour." He reminded us and I giggled at him.

"He does." I pointed at Kiyotaka. "I stated that already, don't forget things."

"I see, I want you to pay it back Ayanokoji by taking out Nagumo," Manabu informed him. "You can get Suzune in the student council and continue directing her behind the scenes."

"That's a rather outrageous ask." Kiyotaka hummed as I was playing with the nearby sinks, but they ignored me.

"Obviously, I don't expect you to do everything I want just because you owe me a favour," Manabu reassured him.

"I don't have much information on the upperclassmen," Kiyotaka admitted.

"Let me introduce you to an informant. The student council vice president-" Manabu mumbled.

"Oh, Kiriyama Ikuto from Class 2-b." I hummed surprising him as I didn't look over to confirm and Ikuto stepped forward unnerved that I knew of him.

"You seem to already have an informant," Manabu commented.

"I can't buy food here, and she's getting what else she uses for deals plentiful here," Kiyotaka explained and I nodded.

"Oh the surface, he serves Nagumo, but he's actually collaborating with me," Manabu explained as Ikuto glared at us and I waved at him making water splash everywhere since I was still playing with the sinks.

Manabu had to wipe his glasses, and I just covered them in water again making him stare at me as I laughed.

"Let me make one thing clear, Ayanokoji, Rekka," Ikuto spoke up. "I have serious doubts about your abilities. But I will do what Horkita-senpai tells me to."

"Cute little acorn, aren't you?" I laughed as I splashed the water around in the sink.

"I'm sorry for all the trouble, Kiriyama." Manabu apologised to him for some reason.

"No, I will protect the traditions you passed on to me," Ikuto stated with confidence.

"Nagumo is trying to use his power to overturn the foundations of this school. I expect an unprecedented number of expulsions next year." Manabu hummed.

"I see." Kiyotaka nodded. "By the way, what about your competition with Nagumo?"

"It should work itself out without incident," Manabu explained.