Chapter 56

Later on, when I went out, I found Akane again crying all alone with no one to help her.

I was crouched down as I enjoyed seeing her like that, but I did wonder why her class hadn't abandoned her over these three years since she was even more useless than most of the girls in my class.

I sat down in front of her scaring her a little as I looked at her face and then put a hand to her cheek. "Still going bad?" I asked her.

"Why are you checking on me again?" Akane groaned as Kiyotaka appeared like a stalker does then stared down at her. She flinched when she noticed him with his deadpan look.

"Lettuce is scary." I nodded.

"Why are you crying?" Kiyotaka asked her.

"I'm not crying!" Akane yelled as she stood up.

"Are you worried about the exam tomorrow?" He questioned her, and she paused showing very obviously she is.

"If I'm worried about anything, it's Horikita." She admitted.

"Then fix it," I stated.

"Does that man ever worry about anything?" Kiyotaka asked, but he already knew her situation from Asahina. Akane is worried about how Manabu will react or how it will affect their entire class.

And most of all she loves him so she doesn't want to let him down, but she's doing that more by not telling him. I heard love makes people stupid, but this is outstandingly dumb.

"He has been fighting on his own all this time," Akane mumbled. "Because the rest of us always drag him down. He's always sacrificed himself to protect the rest of us. Even now, he's carrying the fight with Nagumo entirely on his shoulders..."

She started to cry again since that was the only thing she could do. I grinned brightly at her as I took note of her expression. "But we can't do anything to help him..." Akane wiped her tears.

"You are really not having any problems of your own?" Kiyotaka questioned her.

"You really don't give up, it's nothing." Akane huffed. "Just forget this happened."

She walked off and I stood up. "Hey, you should work with people, sometimes you need the strength of others," I informed her and she froze and then ran off.

"You want her to break down to him?" Kiyotaka asked me.

"No, that's boring and never going to happen! She's a coward!" I laughed. "She can't admit it herself! And it's way too late to change the outcome! But giving her a slither of hope that maybe it will be fine helps break her further! I want to hear her cry out from just emotional pain alone!"

Kiyotaka patted my head as I grinned happily. "Don't tire yourself out to much." He warned me.

"That's your job to take care of." I shrugged.

Later that night, I saw someone. I was sitting on a branch above them, so I swung down to look them in the face. "Ah!" Ryuen fell onto his ass. I laughed as I let myself fall then landed right between his legs then bent down and grinned at him.

"You are the most terrifying creature here." He groaned as he sat up.

"Thank you, Mr. T-Rex!" I exclaimed and he got up then smacked my head lightly making me laugh. "So you going to meet Hashimoto?"

"...How?" Ryuen asked.

"Seeing yellow in the nighttime is quite easy and he has this weird kind of penguin walk," I explained as I did it then Ryuen was surprised I was right.

"It's called a cocky walk," Ryuen explained.

"So is it an Average T-Rex or Penguinzilla?" I asked. He sighed heavily making me laugh as I led the way and he followed.