Chapter 52

Ryuen was sitting under the Christmas trees since I was sitting in it. I dropped down next to him making him flinch and he did lift his fist a little. "Can you tell me about how it felt when you lost all hope? Why did you try to leave? Is the school not worth your life? Is winning not everything?" I asked.

He was just staring at me with wide eyes. "So?" I asked Ryuen as I sat down next to him.

"You really aren't scared of me?" He asked me.

"I sent Albert flying, aren't you scared?" I retorted.

"How did you end up like this?" Ryuen asked me as he held out his ice cream to me and I licked it.

"That's a boring flavour," I mumbled.

"Mint." He let out. "It's nice."

"It's the same as toothpaste. Kiyo forces me to brush my teeth." I groaned. "And how I ended up like this...death? More near death? A stupid old man."

"...Who?" Ryuen questioned me.

"Who cares?" I retorted.

"I do." He stated.

"Yes, I have seen that, but I should explain that you are not a who, you're a Ryuen," I explained.

"...I'm a Ryuen?" Ryuen was even more confused by my logic, so I just palmed his hand making the ice cream bump into his face and he gasped.

"...The surprise or coldness?" I asked for the reason for his reaction.

"You are so annoying." Ryuen sighed. "...You must have gone through so much pain to be able to fight with your condition..."

I grinned at him and he was confused since he always thinks it's for a bad reason.

I like that he has his own pace he doesn't just match mine and goes back to his own while others would most of the time annoy me with their stupid pace or just match mine and be a little sheep.

Kiyo does it nicely and we just make the pace together until he tells me to go to the nurse's office.

We went back into the shops looking for more things for the tree. Ryuen seemed more active in looking so he was in a different aisle from me.

I got a call and I answered it as Ryuen was actually looking at some ornaments. I thought he might just sulk during this date, but it seems he has been more lonely than I thought making me grin.

"Hello!" I answered. "You have a lovesick puppy now, right?"

"Yeah, thanks for pushing Kei to do the date thing." He hummed. "How is it for you?"

"His curiosity for me is over the roof. He also showed he has started to care for me even more after I showed I want to know him more." I grinned. "We got him to isolate himself then I swooped in and took him."

"But...I think, maybe I can use him to get rid of my thoughts to always use people as caregivers for me. He tried to tease me. He's rude but he also does actually fully try to stop me...maybe I can make a real friend, aren't you trying to do the same thing?" I asked.

"I do wonder if my relationship with her will ever change, how about our relationship?" Kiyotaka suggested.

"Our relationship?" I mumbled then I noticed Ryuen was listening in this time it was very obvious. "If it grows, I don't mind, but we have too many things and know too many things of each other to ever let it fall apart. I don't think I would want to get rid of it either, ever."