Chapter 22

"Rekka, your bandage fell off." Kiyotaka pointed at my hand as he was about to start to hammer the pegs of the tent into the ground.

I saw where the bandage had come off was a little red. "Oops." I mumbled.

"Could I have a minute?" Ibuki asked us.

"Do I have a minute?" I mumbled.

She then saw my hand. "Are you okay?" She panicked a little.

"My body doesn't tell me." I shrugged and Kiyotaka started to bandage up my hand with the one he had on him.

"Her hand was checked earlier by a doctor. She's fine." Kiyotaka informed Ibuki.

"That's where you two went." Ibuki hummed and I stared at her and she realised her mistake.

"Class D seems to be having trouble, too." Ibuki commented to change the subject.

"I think screaming means problem, I don't ever have any." I laughed.

"I guess we've both had our share of problems." Kiyotaka responded.

"Whatever the reason, as a girl, I find the theft of a girl's underwear unforgivable." Ibuki added while I groaned confusing her. "It was your underwear, right?"

"I don't care for that interaction! It doesn't bring pain, only violence and anger, so shush." I demanded. "I just want to eat another one of those carrots from that meal."

"Then do you know who is responsible? Or who do you think is responsible?" Ibuki asked me nervously. "You thought it was me, ri-"

"A squirrel." I answered.

Ibuki was absolutely bewildered by my answer. "A squirrel? Why?" She questioned me.

"Because I wanted to meet one and I don't see a reason as to why people would take it." I explained.

"I'm an outsider. Sudo's not the only one who suspects me?" Ibuki informed me, its like she was desperate for me to blame her. She must feel guilty since it was obviously her and she did it so our group would argue and fall apart. It was an interesting interaction at first, but now it's just annoying.

We saw the three idiots staring at Ibuki. "Sudo is glaring at you right now." Kiyotaka pointed out.

I waved at Sudo who happily waved back to me.

"Of course he is. If I were in your position, I wouldn't trust someone from another class, either." Ibuki is really pulling the pity card again.

"I trust you." Kiyotaka spoke up. "So does Rekka, she said it earlier."

"Thanks, I wasn't expecting you two to say that." Ibuki admitted surprised.

"I was just responding honestly." Kiyotaka informed her, but we just wanted her to piss off really.

Later on, it was just us two at the fire. I was sitting with my back to his, so I'm not in front of the fire. "We're all alone until dinner, huh?" Kiyotaka mumbled.

"It must be hard, being forced to do such menial labour." Suzune came over to us.

"Says the girl who can't pick me up." I laughed. "And you're the one who put us here."

"What was I supposed to do? I can't trust Hirata." She admitted.

"Really? I say he's one of the trustworthy ones." I mumbled. "I don't like that Yamauchi."

"Horikita, you should stop assuming everyone has a hidden devious side." Kiyotaka advised her.

"That's true. I have no hidden side after all. But most people keep their inner thoughts and their outward behaviour separate, as you two do." Suzune informed us