Chapter 58

Not long after Suzune visited and dragged us to her place, well she lured me with the idea of a fish fingers sandwich.

"They don't have fingers." I stared at the sandwich in awe making her smile a little as Kiyotaka watched me poke it.

Suzune invited Ichinose over after I had finished my food. I was the one to answer the door when she arrived.

"Ichi!" I exclaimed, and she looked relieved to see me since the other two were dead-faced right now. "Don't mind the zombies. We came here to talk with you as well!"

"I'm glad." She grinned as I let her inside like I own the place, but if it's me inviting her in she will be more comfortable so it's easier to trap her here.

"Ichi?" Suzune questioned me.

"Want me to call her nose?" I asked as I sat down.

Ichinose joined us and Suzune stared at me since I was on the table between them all. Ichinose laughed as I was poking Kiyotaka's nose and then looked at his fingers curiously scaring Suzune a little.

"Sorry to call you over this late, Ichinose." Suzune apologised.

"Oh, no problem." She laughed nervously. "You are doing it because you care about me, right? You, too, Rekka, Ayanokoji. Thank you."

"Of course!" I grinned.

"I'm just tagging along with Rekka," Kiyotaka added.

"It's about the rumours, right?" Ichinose hummed.

"Yes. Do you have any idea who is spreading them?" Suzune asked.

"I can't say for certain, but I think it might be Sakayanagi." She answered and she got it right.

"What makes you think that?" Suzune questioned her.

"She kind of declared war on me." Ichinose hummed. "I guess that's not convincing on its own, huh?"

"Class A has determined Class B a threat worthy of destroying and is harming you by spreading baseless rumours about you," Suzune explained what she guessed was the reason she was being attacked.

"I'm not sure about that. I think it should be up to you whether you believe a rumour or not." Ichinose retorted. "I feel like the best way to fight Sakayanagi is to stay silent. That will prevent collateral damage to Class B and Class C."

"You are a strong person." Suzune hummed. "You are thinking about not just yourself...Rekka, get out of my books!"

"How to make your brother notice you, huh? Maybe you shouldn't read." I hummed as I opened it then she whacked it out of my hand. "You know hiding things in plain sight doesn't work."

"It worked." Suzune retorted.

"And whoever came over here beside us?" I laughed as I patted her head and she sighed.

Ichinose giggled feeling more relaxed that the topic had been changed.

"Ichinose, let's work toget-" Suzune went to suggest.

"Please don't get involved in this." Ichinose rejected. "There's no need for you guys to get on Sakayanagi's bad side, too."

"Are you sure about this?" Suzune questioned her.

"Of course." She grinned. "Thank you so much for worrying about me. But I swear I will be fine. Thanks for having me today. Later."

"Like I said before, we shouldn't get involved," Kiyotaka added after she had left. "If Sakayanagi is the rumours' source, we would put our own class in the crosshairs by getting involved."