Chapter 29

We were making our way back to our room and Kiyotaka was watching me as I did cartwheels because it's faster than walking.

"So I want you to protect me!" I heard Kei yell as I was mid-way through a cartwheel and I stopped so I was just doing a handstand.

I just let my body fall and sat on the floor while looking around the corner into a bigger room that looks like a lounge room. Kiyotaka joined me and handed me back my umbrella since I would have stabbed myself with it while doing cartwheels.

We saw both Kei and Hirata on their own. "It's not like you to want to solve problems with violence." Hirata showed how uncomfortable he is with the idea of violence.

"Your girlfriend is in trouble here!" Kei pointed out. "You should want to help her, shouldn't you?"

"But he doesn't seem to like her enough." I mumbled.

"Really?" Kiyotaka asked me.

"Yeah, Kei doesn't get jealous either, I tested it out." I explained.

"They aren't letting up, I don't know what they might try next." Kei groaned. "They even targeted Rekka! She was with me and couldn't go to the nurse's office because of them."

Hirata didn't look convinced. "Rekka wouldn't let herself get bullied." Hirata retorted.

"Huh?" Kei let out. "Hirata, she's weak. She yelled at one point to get help, so she could escape and run to Ayanokoji for protection."

"She was probably trying to protect you. Rekka hates anything that gets near to violence, like in the last test, she complained a lot when the camp's atmosphere was hostile." Hirata explained.

"I just wanted a close view of Kei's crying face." I mumbled. "But she didn't cry sadly."

"Let's just think it over together, we just need a way to patch things up with them." Hirata reassured her.

"It's impossible!" Kei exclaimed. "They just hate me for no reason."

"You picked the fight with Rika in Class C first, right?" Hirata asked her.

"No, I...just bumped into her." Kei lied horribly. "You will protect me, won't you, Hirata?"

"I will, I'm going to help you." Hirata informed her. "Because you are one of my precious classmates."

"Just classmate?" I tilted my head confused then I fell onto my back since I forget about my balance.

"But I can't hurt anyone to do that." Hirata probably just crushed Kei's hopes like I crushed Kiyotaka's foot with my back.

"You're a liar, liar! You said you'd protect me!" Kei yelled.

"Liar? I think I have been consistent this whole time. We are not really boyfriend and girlfriend." Hirata confirmed what I was thinking.

"So they aren't." I hummed. "It was just a form of protection and now, she's losing it."

"I don't mind that we are dating, but I can't take your side exclusively." Hirata informed her. "I told you that at the start, didn't I?"