Chapter 63

The next day, I was with Ryuen in the library with my head in a book. You may think I'm reading and if you are you don't know me. I was using it as my pillow, and I was staring at Ryuen who was actually reading a book.

"You haven't moved a page for 5 minutes," I stated.

"Well, I have honey eyes staring into my soul." Ryuen moved his book down to stare at me, and I laughed. "Are you spending time with me before I go? Are you trying to remember my face?"

"Oh, it's easy to remember! But only the expressions I like." I grinned making him blush a little. "Like when ice cream goes down your back!"

"That isn't a natural expression." He sighed since I did that to him to see what face he would pull. Ryuen leaned in closer putting his elbow on the table to rest his head on. He stared at me and placed a hand on my cheek then he squeezed my cheek confusing me.

He smirked as he went to say something. "Also, what-"

"You seem to have time to kill, Ryuen," Suzune spoke up from behind him and he moved his hand away from me.

"I was wondering who it might be. So it's you, Suzune." He sighed happy she finally revealed herself since her staring was very obvious. "And Rekka's little caregiver."

We took off to another area for a quiet talk, but I didn't know why Suzune wanted to talk to him since he was doing nothing this time. It's easy to tell he would just accept his fate unless someone forces help upon him.

So why isn't she letting this chance of him getting voted out happen?

"So? How can-Rekka." Ryuen groaned as he pulled me away from the railing since he was leaning his back on it then I tried jumping onto the top of it. We are just above the library so if I messed up I would be back in the library with my head on the floor instead of a book this time.

"What do you intend to do on the upcoming special exam?" Suzune asked. "Rekka, stop trying."

"Ugh." I let out annoyed.

"Nothing," Ryuen answered her question.

"So you don't intend to fight to make sure you are not expelled?" Suzune asked.

"Hard to say." Ryuen hummed.

"I'm sure many people would be happy to see you expelled," Suzune stated. "For better or worse, you have done too much here. No one is going to reach out to help you."

Ryuen glanced at me for a second. "Seeing as you are my enemy, Suzune, taking me out now would be your best course of action. Once I'm gone, Class D won't stand a chance against you."

"You think quite highly of yourself." Suzune hummed. "But you lack the talent that a true leader needs. That's why you fell to Class D."

No, he just made me moody and ruined my Christmas tree, that's it.

"True enough," Ryuen smirked.

"As this might be our last conversation, could you tell me one thing?" Suzune was finally getting to what she wanted out of this interaction. "If someone like you, stuck in a hopeless situation wanted to engage seriously with this test, do you think you could escape being expelled?"

I slammed my face into Ryuen's chest confusing them and he looked down to see the smirk on my lips.

"...Such a weak question." I giggled to myself seeing she was obviously showing she still had hope in saving someone and was so desperate she was asking Ryuen for help. "She is so weak."

"What a stupid question. Of course, I could." Ryuen informed her.

"Empty confidence, but typical." Suzune hummed.