Chapter 48

"I will drag you two out into the light!" Ryuen made quite the declaration, and he grabbed Kiyotaka's neck and tried to strangle him.

Kiyotaka kneed him in the stomach then punched him there a couple of times and shoved him off.

Ryuen threw many punches at him, but Kiyotaka blocked every one of them flawlessly. "Do you think you can win?" Kiyotaka asked him.

"You think you won't lose?!" Ryuen kept up with offence as his strategy and then got punched in the jaw by Kiyotaka making him groan.

"Sorry, I'm failing to imagine how I'd lose." Kiyotaka admitted. "Rekka, can I?"

"Not useless I act, but you show no pain, so no thanks!" I grinned. "I have already seen everything I need from you."

"You might win today, true. But what about tomorrow?" Ryuen asked. "And the day after?"

"You think you can win through persistence?" Kiyotaka asked.

"Sure do. I will be there 24/7, waiting to strike at any minute." Ryuen explained.

"You know there's a thing called trauma. You took advantage of Kei's to try and get her to sell us out. It would be the same method of keeping you quiet." I added. "You would have to kill me to win, so if you are fine with that do try! I welcome it to see you break."

Ryuen groaned as he went at Kiyotaka again and he got punched down again. "You aren't afraid to lose?" Kiyotaka asked. I could see our words were starting to make Ryuen's will falter since we aren't the same as the people he has fought his entire life.

Ryuen got Kiyotaka into a hold by holding his arm behind his back and putting pressure on Kiyotaka's back. Kiyotaka let him so he could talk some more and we can try to understand why Ryuen is like this.

"I don't feel fear." Ryuen stated again. "I have never felt it once in my life!"

"No you have, you wouldn't be this determined to survive then unless you are like me." I added and he ignored me.

"Fear and pleasure are two sides of one coin, two emotions separated by a hair's breadth." Ryuen spoke piquing my interest. "This world runs on violence. One's power is determined by one's capacity for violence. There's only one force that can upend that law of nature, and that's death."

"I don't experience fear. But when most people experience pain, that quickly turns to fear." Ryuen explained.

"Then why don't you let me experience pain? I can even help Rekka understand it then." Kiyotaka asked of him.

"Do!" I added excitedly.

"Don't!" Kei yelled.

"I'm happy to oblige!" Ryuen started to beat Kiyotaka who only defended himself a little, but there was no change in his expression. "You get it now?!"

"Yeah, you can't inflict pain on either of us." I sighed in disappointment. "Such a poor display."

"I'm trying really hard to experience this fear you are talking about." Kiyotaka admitted. "But I'm afraid I don't feel anything Rekka."

"We probably need an actual life or death situation." I explained. "But even then we had those since we were little. I had too many, maybe I'm used to it..."