Chapter 40

The next day, as I was on my way back from my stupid daily check-up and I was stopped by a wall of smugness. Ryuen had his hand against the wall above me and towered over me.

"Rekka." He grinned, and I took a picture of his face making him frown.

"You do the same thing." I reminded him. "Now to delete."

"Don't want it on your phone?" Ryuen asked me.

"Duh. It's ugly and worthless baggage." I answered honestly, and it made his attitude falter.

He then sighed and leaned against the wall instead while frowning. "When you get bullied, can you actually understand you are getting bullied?" He asked me.

"Another?" I groaned. "Did she tell you?" I asked interested to see if he knows about what we did with those Class C girls and he was quiet for a moment. "You can't have any hair, that will be harassment."

"Do you literally think I want to eat your hair?" Ryuen mumbled.

"Yes, you're weird." I nodded and he laughed. "See."

He seemed to have put down his guard around me for some reason, probably because he still sees me as weak. "I thought this was an act." He leaned down, and his face got closer to mine, it seems he wants to test something.

"Like a cat." Ryuen smirked as I slapped his hand when he went to touch his own hair this time.

"What are you doing?" Ibuki asked him and was surprised to see me repeatedly slapping his hand.

"...messing with the sick girl." Ryuen answered, but I think he was confused as to why he even came over to me in the first place.

"He's a stupid dragon." I pointed at him.

"I'm not a dragon." He sighed showing he actually doesn't like the nickname.

"Sorry, dragon boy." I grinned as he groaned.

"What about cat girl?" Ryuen asked me.

"Sure." I nodded not caring. "Now, bye! I have my first puzzle to do! Suz! It better be good!" I called out to her.

"It's a nice puz-" Suzune cut herself when she turned to me and I was confused. She grabbed my hand and pulled me behind her as I saw Ryuen making his way over to us.

"Wait, was Ryuen near you?!" Suzune yelled as she watched him.

"All we did was talk." Ryuen smirked. "Look, Rekka is fine, but she didn't answer my question about bullying."

Suzune looked at me for a second and I was yawning surprising her. "Then I would like to ask you something. Why are your classmates stalking Rekka?" Suzune asked.

Ryuen just smirked even more. "One tried to fight me yesterday." I added. "So what is the reason? Obsession? Hate?"

They all paused and looked at me for more of an explanation. "Aren't those the reasons for stalking? Well, it's what I experienced." I mumbled.

"You have been stalked before?" Ibuki spoke up.

"Well, answer." I demanded.