Chapter 17

We were taken to the island on little ships. "First, let's review what we know." Hirata spoke up as we got all of our stuff. "The school gave us two tents for eight people each, two flashlights, one box of matches, a backpack of amenities for everyone here, sunblock for the women."

"A whole week?" Kushida whined.

"Fun!" I exclaimed.

"You're the most likely to die." Kiyotaka informed me.

"I know!" I nodded not seeing what was wrong with my excitement. "I have never gone camping before."

"We are on our own for food." Hirata pointed out. "We have to survive outdoors until noon seven days from now."

"But remember what the teachers said? We are still free to swim in the ocean and hold barbecues and stuff." Yamauchi added.

"But camping." I whined.

"And we would have to spend some of the 300 special test S-points we were given. There's a wide range of things we can buy with points." Hirata retorted.

"Then we can buy food and drink and save the rest." I added as I was staring right into the rule book that Hirata was holding.

"That's what I was planning." Hirata grinned. "Any S-points we have left when the test is over will be added to our class points."

"If we can tough it out for a week, we will get 30,000 a month! A month!" Ike exclaimed as he was checking all of the stuff we have.

Kiyotaka pulled me back since my face was mostly in the book still. "What's that?" Kei asked as she looked in the rule book.

"A list of things we lose points for, illness and serious injuries." Hirata started to list them off, and I got some stares.

"I don't know when I'm ill, so it doesn't count." I retorted.

I felt my head get hit, but it wasn't Kiyotaka, I looked up to see Sudo. "Always tell us when something is wrong. We rather lose points than you." He informed.

"Yeah!" The others added, especially Kei did for some reason.

"The other rules are pollution of the surrounding environment, absence at morning and evening roll calls, violence against or stealing from other classes." Hirata explained.

"There was a way to get more points, wasn't there?" Kei asked.

"Each time we secure certain spots around the island, we get bonus points." Hirata answered.

"So the theme of the special exam is 'freedom to choose'." Kiyotaka commented.

"Yeah, we have many options." I excitedly added then I waved my arm since the watch felt annoying and I wanted the others' opinions on it.

"It's restrictive." Suzune sighed as she stared at her watch.

"But there's a penalty for removing the watches without permission. There are hidden sensors and a GPS built into them, so they can send aid immediately in an emergency, I guess." Kiyotaka showed me the difference between mine and his.

"Hey, Hirata. Don't you think we should be allowed to spend the points, within reason?" Kei asked making him groan.

"No way. We should refrain for as long as we can." Yukimura retorted.

"That's gonna be tough, though." Kei sighed, and I saw her staring at a big box called toilet. "I'd prefer to tough it out, personally...but I don't think all of the girls will be able to."

The girls agreed while I was fine. "I have had some awkward toilet situations before like fainting on one." I shrugged, and all the girls gave me looks of pity. "Is fainting that much more unfortunate on a toilet instead of in front of a car?"