Chapter 61

That evening when we went to Ichinose's place, it was finally the last visit needed.

"Hey, can I ask you a strange question?" Ichinose mumbled from the kitchen as we sat in her room.

I smirked since she's always polite and talks to people face to face, but now she's not looking at us and is as far as she can be from us. She has no escape though, and I won't allow her to break alone, it would be such a shame if she did.

I stood up to take the lead with this, so I could relish in it all and Kiyotaka watched me close in on her like she was my prey.

"Sure!" I grinned as I stood in the hallway.

Ichinose only saw my shadow at her feet. "Why don't you two say anything to me? Or at least about the rumours..." She mumbled.

"We came to visit every day...well, I did for Rekka since she wanted you to confess, I suppose." Kiyotaka hummed.

"Waiting for me to confess?" Ichinose gasped and didn't look at me as I approached slowly.

"Yeah! You don't need to brush around it anymore! We know everything!" I grinned at her, and she looked terrified of us or at least what we think of her now.

"Ichinose. What you did won't vanish because you ran from it." Kiyotaka stated what she didn't want to hear.

"Stop it!" Ichinose yelled and spilled her hot drink across the floor then panicked. "I just...I know I did a bad thing. I really thought I didn't have a choice! I wanted to make my sister smile! I was so thoughtless. I was so stupid!"

I grinned seeing her ramble and break slowly. "Running was all I could do." She explained. "And now, again...what should I do? Tell me! How am I supposed to leave this room?"

"I don't know," Kiyotaka added.

"Nothing is bad about stealing," I added as she heard me step into the hot chocolate making her panic, but she finally looked at me and saw I wasn't feeling the burn of it even though I was barefoot.

"It isn't wrong!" I stated confusing her as I held up a can of beer stunning her. "I mean I can't try this the normal way, so the only route is stealing! They must want us to learn that!"

"Rekka!" Ichinose cried.

"It's the same with the blanket! I actually stole it for you, and it made you get better! The chocolates to!" I explained and I loved how her expression dropped more and more hearing me say that. "Don't run away! If I can face the world after committing the same crimes! No more crimes than you, then you can!" I laughed.

"You have no clue of pain...of your own..." Ichinose let out a confusing me a little since I was expecting her to react a little differently, so I was disappointed at first.

"I need to protect you." Ichinose gave me quite the look that was filled with desperation, sadness, and fear, but also love that was causing her even more pain than she should have.

Love was the key to pain?

Ichinose pulled me in and clung to me as she fell to her knees. I went down with her seeing she was breaking fully now, but I was the last thing she was clinging to like I was her only hope. Her cries were amazing, and the pain she was going through was spectacular.

"To protect me...she tried that." I let out and I felt like I was getting closer.

Kiyotaka heard my words and looked over to see a lone tear fall from my eyes as I hugged Ichinose back. There was a very foreign feeling filling my body, but I was embracing every second of it.

I didn't cry anymore only smiled brightly, but I felt something different finally.

"I know what to do. I will face it for you." Ichinose let out as she held me. "Just stay as you are Rekka."