63-

Nicky's cab stopped and she gave them some money then got out and walked up the side walk to the little café. 

She was nervous.. very nervous.. but it's just Louis. She shouldn't be terrified.. but she is.

She sees him with two coffees and two little plates of cake at a two person table at the back of the small café and she smiles a little and walks over.

He looks up, noticing her, and his eyes widen a little.

"Love the outfit.. You look great, Nicky" He tells her

"Thanks, Louis.. So do you."  She complimented him back..

He was wearing a black beanie and a black and maroon sweater to match, then black jeans and white trainers.

 She sits in front of him and he points to the cake then the drink.. "It's chocolate cheesecake.. and a caramel cappuccino."

"My two favorites.. thank you, Louis" Her heart fluttered in her chest knowing he cared enough to remember her favorite things to order at the shop..

"So.. How are you? How's Niall?" Louis casually asks before sipping his coffee.

"Uh, I'm okay.. Niall's good.. I was actually just texting him. He's playing with a rubber duck that he named Quacker-Jack"

Louis grinned and said "yeah.. sounds like Niall"

Nicky nodded then took a bite of the cheesecake. She smiled a little and said "how about you? How're you doing?"

"Uh.. well.. I'm okay" He repeated her answer.

"Did Liam talk to you this morning? About Harry?" 

"Yeah.. he's in America.." Louis looks at his plate then takes a bite of his cake.

He obviously doesn't want to talk about Harry so she changes the subject.

"I've always liked this shop.. The people are nice, never busy, coffee and cake is always good" She looks around the small shop as she talks. The lights aren't too bright and the people are mostly singles minding their own business and using the WIFI or elderly couples enjoying themselves.

She slowly comes to look at Louis again and finds him already looking at her.

A blush comes to her cheeks and she looks down at her plate. She bites her bottom lip then takes a drink of her cappuccino. 

"You always look away.." He mumbled

She looks up quickly and finds him smiling to himself as he fiddles with his fingernail.

"And you always pick at your nails" She grins

He stops immediately and looks up at her.

"You're playing with the string of your jeans right now" he fires back

She then because away she was twirling a string from a hole in her jeans around her middle finger and she laughed a little.

"Hmm. Well, when you get nervous or awkward, you fix the fringe on your forehead, even when it doesn't need fixed." 

He grins and says "You don't like spaghettis"

"You rather the cookie part of the Oreo than the frosting" She smiles back at him

"You talk in your sleep" 

She stared at him with her eyebrows knitted together then she said "Do not!"

He grinned wide and said "You do, actually"

"Nuh-uh!" She agrued

"You do! I'm not kidding!"

"I've never been told that! It can't be true!"

"It is!! You just mumble and ramble!"

"About what?!" 

"About.. once you told me you liked pancakes with extra syrup! And we ended up going out for pancakes that morning! i made you get out of bed and you were so mad!! Then you were fine when we got pancakes at IHop!" He explained

She gasped and said "oh my gosh!! What if I say something embarrassing?!" She had one hand over her mouth, obviously worried.

And Louis laughed and said "Well, I'll tell you if you do"

She raised her eyebrows and looked at him. 

"What did you just say?" A smile started to grow on her lips as Louis' cheeks started to turn pink.

"I.. I said.. I meant-" He stuttered

but she started giggling and he just got redder.

She stopped laughing and said "Okay.. I'll be sure to ask you if I'd said anything"

He looked at her now with the same surprised, shocked look she had given him..

"Okay. Deal. I hope you spill some secrets!"

After they both finished their drinks and cakes, Nicky's phone dinged and she checked it quickly.. It was Niall.

It just said 'Call Me' which worried her so she looked at Louis and said "Can you excuse me for one moment?" He nodded and she walked to the bathroom. 

She let herself in, made sure the stalls were empty, then pressed call on Niall's contact..