Chapter 2

I need to find that girl... Maybe she'll have the answers.

I put on a hood and a jacket to avoid being recognized and headed towards the laboratory of the doctor who was mentioned in the letter, Singed. Arriving, i slowly pushed open the door to find it completely abandoned. 

-"This is ... Welcoming..."

I took a step inside as the door suddenly closed behind me. I jumped and pulled out my gun as I turned around. My eyes widened as I saw That girl in front of me with my gun against her forehead.

-"Boo." She whispered.

-"You again? What are you doing here?" I asked lowering my gun.

She chuckled as she started walking around the place.

-"Back at it again with the tons of questions?" She said picking up a random object and observating it.

-"How did you know i was here?"

She Suddenly stopped mid way and looked over her shoulder.

-"I didn't follow you if that's what you're asking."

-"That's not what I asked." I said walking towards her.

-"Hm ... I spotted you while passing by and thought it'd be fun to scare you." She said facing me now as she stared at me silently for a few seconds. "What are you doing here?"

-"I'm trying to get answers from this place."

She tilted her head to the right a bit as a slight smirk appeared on her face.

-"I'm all yours Darling. Ask away."

I looked at her confused.

-"Come on, we both know you came looking for me."

I watched her as I chuckled.

-"You're right."

I handed her the letter. She opened it and read it.

-"Hm... Interesting. Achlys huh?"

-"Yes but ... I need you to answer questions."

She smiled as she responded "sure" .

-"Who are you?"

-"Whoa, you hitting on me or something?"

-"What? No?"

-"... You're a little dense i see. I can work with that..." She said looking me up and down.

She suddenly kicked me on the floor as she crouched on top of me, pinning me to the ground.

-"Listen here blueberry, you're the first person apart from me who's remotely normal and doesn't seem addicted after being injected with Shimmer. So ... I've taken interest in you..." She said as she took one of my braids in her hand and played with it.

-"How did you hide it?"

-"What's that?" She asked as her attention came back to me.

-"Your eyes, They're brown. Your hair is just black and your tattoos are black but when we met they were all Magenta. How do you do it?" I asked confidently.

-"Oh... You mean this?" She asked as her Magenta color came through and went away.

-"YES!" I said as I sat up Pushing her off of me accidentally.

She looked at me silently.

-"Why are YOU interested in me?" She asked seriously.

-"... For the same reason as you. You're the only one who's like me but you seem to completely control it. Teach me how."

-$)#She's go*nna ,,think you're+(#crazy)-

-"SHUT UP WE'RE SPEAKING!" I screamed.

I looked back at her thinking she'd judge but her face hadn't changed. She suddenly broke in a chuckle as she stood up.

-"I'll answer your questions if you answer mine, come on." She said extending her hand to me.

I looked at it hesitant but decided to take it. Her hand was warm and soft. I looked at her for a bit as she broke the silence.

-"Do you wanna do this holding hands?"

I looked down at my hand still in hers and removed it quickly.

-" Of course not!"

-"Righttt. Come on, let's Go."

I followed her through the building. She seemed to know the way...

-"Have you been here before?"

-"I grew up here."

-"Here?"

She nodded as she stopped in front of the table i had been put on with Silco.

-"I have been administered Shimmer ever since I can remember. My father wanted to make me perfect and strong like my sister..."

Her hand caressed the bloodstained table.

-"I couldn't tell you how much time I've spent on this table... Anyways, My father discovered that i had a genetic modification that permitted my body to accept The Shimmer without any consequences. With time, my body even began adapting, hence why i have so much control over it."

-"I ... Was put through the same process by Silco. He was like my father to me." I told her as I looked back up at her.

-"Why would a father want to put his child through this?" She asked.

-"He wanted to save me and it worked."

She turned her body to face me.

-"You're jinx right?" She whispered.

I nodded.

-"He was a fool to do that."

My eyes widened at her words.

-"You're a ticking time bomb waiting to explode." She said in a cold tone. "But i mean who am I to judge right?"

I looked down confused by her words and my hallucinations messing with my head.

-"Do you really not get it?" She asked.

I stayed silent as I hit my head. That's when my eyes suddenly widened as I remembered the doctor's words. "I had once a daughter too."

-"You're his daughter ... Does that mean you're also ..." I looked up at her.

-"The name's Achlys." She said with a smirk on her lips.