Chapter 30

~~~~Achlys

"It's okay Achlys... I'm happy..."

My eyes darted towards the building slowly cracking. I looked back at Jinx who had clearly accepted her faith.

No...

I can't let you die...

Not a second time...

...

I refuse the faith you've chosen for yourself.

I looked to my left to find a single intact vial of Shimmer. Jinx followed me gaze before realizing what i was going to do.

"NO! IT WILL KILL YOU!" She screamed before I kicked her backwards and injected me with it.

I threw my head back as the Shimmer attacked my body.

*Crack*

I looked back at the falling building headed towards us.

~~~~Jinx

My eyes Widened as Achlys picked me up at an abnormal speed. I held onto her as debris fell behind us, the building falling into ruins. I looked down at her wound bleeding profusely because of her movements.

"STOP! YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!" I screamed while hitting her chest trying to get out of her hold but all she did was hold onto me tighter as a result.

A metal debris cut her arm as she shielded me from it while running. I instinctively grabbed her arm trying to stop the bleeding but there was so much blood and she wasn't healing...

"ACHLYS!" I screamed trying to get her attention but it was no use.

Flashback:

"You might not remember ... But Achlys is one of the most kindest and selfless people i have known."

End of flashback:

She doesn't even realize how much blood she's losing...

"LET ME GO FOR FUCK'S SAKE!"

She and i were surprised to find Viktor in one of Vala's ships with most of the habitants waiting for us in the air.

~~~~Achlys

I need to get her on that ship!

I looked at the tallest building i could get onto when it suddenly began falling forward. I continued sprinting onto the building to reach Viktor's flying Ship.

"COME ON ACHLYS! YOU CAN DO IT!" He screamed from the ship, holding out his hand for us to hold onto.

Come on! I need to make it!

Jinx was screaming her lungs out for me to stop whilst trying to get out of my hold.

"I WON'T LET YOU DIE! NOT AGAIN!" I screamed at her in frustration.

Unfortunately the building began falling a lot faster than expected.

"I'm not gonna make it... " I whispered to Jinx

I jumped off the building and threw Jinx towards Viktor.

"BUT YOU WILL! " I continued.

~~~~Jinx

Achlys suddenly threw me up and towards Viktor but she wasn't high enough to make it as the building was collapsing completely.

"NO!"

Viktor grabbed onto my upper body as my left arm was hanging out, holding onto Achlys.

We froze as the building under her collapsed onto the ground.

She looked back up at me in surprise.

"LET ME GO! THERE'S TOO MANY PEOPLE ON THAT SHIP!"

"NO!" I screamed back at her tightening my grip.

She took her hands and removed mine from hers but i grabbed onto her once again.

"LET GO OF ME YOU TRAITOR! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! JUST LET ME GO!" She screamed out in anger.

She once again fought me and slipped out of my hold. I dived after her without any hesitation to grab onto her again. Viktor grabbed me by my waist as my whole upper body was now hanging out of the ship.

"IF YOU HATE ME SO MUCH, WHY DID YOU SAVE ME?!" I yelled at her crying.

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

My eyes widened as i watched her under me.

"I always will..." She whispered.

We stayed like that silently for a second. Viktor started struggling to hold onto me and Achlys noticed.

"... But You betrayed me..." She continued.

I shook my head no as tears streamed down my face. Her face was clearly angered And filled with pain.

"Please forgive me..." I said in between sobs.

She looked down at destroyed Zaun under her silently.

"... The sunset is beautiful isn't it Blueberry?" She said looking back up at me with a small smile and tears streaming down her cheeks before lifting my fingers from her wrist, slipping out of my hold.

"ACHLYS!"