Chapter 13

I extended both of my hands out as handcuffs wrapped around me. A metal coffin opened in front of me as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

-"Just a matter of security." Said Jayce.

I looked down and stepped into it. The doors closing in on me, I closed my eyes accepting the fate I had chosen for myself.

-"Achlys?"

I slowly opened my eyes to find Jinx standing next to the couch I was in.

-"Jinx...? What are you...-"

I gasped for air.

My eyes suddenly shot open as I felt a rush of adrenaline. I looked around to only realise I wasn't with her but in that damn laboratory, strapped down to a table with a machine pumping my blood out.

-"Oh ... Right." I whispered.

The door opened. I didn't bother to check who it was when I suddenly heard a clinging sound.

-"You're awake?" Said a gentle voice.

A young man with a cane appeared in my blurry sight. A gentle smile on his face as we made eye contact... But his smile was not of happiness. It was pity.

-"I'm sorry this is happening to you..."

-"Don't apologize for my choice." I responded weakly.

-"Do you feel any pain?" He asked.

-"Yeah but not the one you're thinking about."

I was struggling to keep my eyes open.

-"You see, contrary ... To you, I'm taking action... Even though it hurts."

That's when a group of strangers came into the room with syringes.

-"You should probably ... Leave if you're squeamish ..." I whispered with a chuckle before the door closed.

My screams were echoing through the halls.

~~~~~~~Jinx

I woke up alone...

-"Achlys ...?"

I stood up and took the earring on my desk.

What is this...

I took the note under it and began reading it.

-"Hey sweet cheeks,

I apologize for lying in our last moment together. I just wanted to see you smile before I left.

I passed a peace treaty with Ekko and Piltover.

You probably won't ever forgive me and that's fine. All I wanted was to give you a safe world you could live in even though the price for that peace was my life and hopefully one day you'll understand me.

Build the Zaun we've always dreamed of without any regrets.

You are perfect, Jinx. I believe in you and I love you.

This letter is my final goodbye to you my love.

Achlys."

Tears flowed down my face as My eyes widened in realization.

Flashback:

-"Yeah, a friend of mine taught me how to work metal, always there stressing me out with his timer but I'll admit that I owe him one. But anyways, These are Silco's diamonds." She dropped the bags she had in her hands and walked up behind me.

End of flashbacks:

-"Ekko..."

Flashback:

-"My my... I knew you were talented but I'm impressed Sweet Cheeks. Just as I was done with my business.. " Said A voice from the shadows.

End of flashback:

I took a step back as it all began to make sense.

All this time, she's been telling me her plan... I just didn't pick up on it...

~~~~~~~ Viktor

I was walking through the halls as I heard some whispering.

-"Have you heard about the new energy source they found for the hexgates? It's even more powerful than they thought."

A new energy source ...?

I have a bad feeling about this.

I entered the hexgate tower as my eyes widened in horror. I fell backwards out of pure shock. Jayce turned around with a smile as he saw me.

-"Ah Viktor! Are you okay? You seem kind of pale?"

-"What did you do ..." I whispered horrified.

-"Oh this? We found out that Achlys was genetically modified to the point where she almost isn't human anymore. She creates a source of energy far much greater than an usual hexgate."

I stood up.

-"Have you lost your mind?! SHE'S STILL HUMAN! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I screamed pointing at Achlys.

Looking at her gave me a flashback to the Chimera of my mentor. In a vulgar tube filled with liquid and tubes plugged into their bodies to barely keep them alive at all costs.

-"This is against everything we've ever wanted to do! We wanted to help make people's lives better! Not kill them!"

-"Viktor, it was this or she would've just died wastefully. You know this is against my ethics but this could help people..."

I pushed him back as he disgusted me.

-"Wastefully...? Do you really not see her as a person? The modification was man made, she probably was a victim of it! You're gonna kill her if you continue!"

-"Viktor- It was her choice. She passed this agreement. Her against the independence of Zaun."

-"JAYCE, WAKE UP FOR GOD'S SAKE! THIS WASN'T A CHOICE! THIS WAS THEIR ONLY WAY OF SURVIVING WITHOUT WAR! ARE YOU THAT BLINDED BY YOUR PRIVILEGE?!"

He looked at me shocked as I started walking towards her. That's when I suddenly felt two hands holding me back.

-"I'm afraid I can't let you do this Brother..."

I turned back to find two guards holding me and slowly dragging me out.

-"JAYCE! DONT DO THIS!" I screamed as the doors closed in front of me. 

The guards proceeded to throw me out.

-"It's nothing personal sir. We just can't let you interfere." Said one of the guards.

I stood up and walked away enraged. I stopped in front of the bridge looking at Zaun. I took a deep breath before continuing to walk to the other side.

I was being stared at while walking the busy and loud streets. That's when in a blink of an eye, everything went quiet. I looked around to find myself in this empty street.

*Click*

I looked down at my foot when I was suddenly pulled up in the air.

-"WHOA!"

My face was suddenly grabbed by a hand as a gun was shoved against my cheek.

-"Where is she."