Chapter 30

She looked down in silence before looking back up at me.

"I don't a have a choice..." She whispered.

"We always have a choice, you taught me that." I said taking a step forward. "If you really see me as an enemy and don't have a choice, why did you choose to save me again instead of taking the chance of letting me die ..."

"I didn't chose okay?!" She yelled at me with a frustrated look on her face.

I looked at her in silence, confused by what she meant as she sighed and rubbed her temples, closing her eyes.

"I ... didn't choose to save you... My body does it instinctively. I don't ... Think ... When I see you in danger... All i have in mind is protecting you." She said looking back up at me with a softened expression.

"Achlys..."

She suddenly walked towards me and put a knife in my hand before dropping on her knees.

"Kill me. Kill me before it's too late."

"No..." I whispered pulling my hand back.

My wrist was taken with an incredible force. I looked down at Achlys holding my wrist and pulling it towards her neck.

"KILL ME!"

"NO! STOP!" I screamed struggling to get out of her hold.

I put my feet against her abs and pushed trying to get her to let go of me.

"STOP STRUGGLING!" She screamed back at me.

"NO!" I said squirming around as much as i could, completely destabilizing her.

I struggled as hard as i could when she suddenly pinned me down. The knife dropping on the floor a bit farther away, we looked at each other panting heavily after our long struggle.

Her hair caressing my skin, she observed me in silence as i observed her wounds on her back and arms closing.

"Does it hurt...?" I whispered.

"Not as much as much as loving you does..." She whispered back at me.

...

"I never meant to hurt you..."

"This isn't because of your betrayal jinx... I have forgiven you long ago..."

"Then why do I need tokill you ...-" I asked looking at her when my eyes suddenly widened as a tear fell on my cheek.

"The world is dying Jinx, Kill me and save yourself... Please ... It's all i ask..." She whispered tears rolling down her face.

Achlys ...

Her emotionless face letting tears drip down onto my face...

"Save the world from a catastrophic event by killing me."