Chapter 17

Her screams echoed through the city as I watched her holding her eyes with her hands.

-"It was the last one... It's gonna be okay." I whispered as I hugged her tightly.

Her screams were like bullets being shot at my heart. I opened my eyes to find Viktor and Vi standing there in horror.

-"What did you do ..." Whispered Viktor.

I looked at him as i held onto her even tighter. Her screams slowly transformed into sobbing when her body suddenly went limp in my arms. Viktor and Vi rushed towards us. 

-"Achlys!" Yelled Viktor panicked.

-"SHE'LL BE FINE! She promised..." I said looking back down at her as Viktor tried to get me to let go of her.

-"Jinx... Let Viktor see..." Said Vi's gentle voice as I felt her hands slowly taking my arms off Achlys.

She took me in her arms as Viktor listened to her heartbeat.

-"Her breathing is stable. She probably passed out of exhaustion after all that..." He said looking over at all the bottles.

~~~~~~~

I took Achlys back to our house after giving Viktor somewhere to stay. Vi insisted on coming with me. I opened the door as she looked around amazed.

-"Is this where you live..?" She asked.

I put Achlys down our bed and tucked her in before responding.

-"No, she just lets me stay." I answered shortly sitting down on the bed to watch Achlys.

Vi passed her hand on the crayon drawings that were on the walls. She looked down at an earring on the desk.

-"Pretty..." She whispered as she turned back to me.

My eyes widened at the sight of the earring as Vi walked over to me and crouched down in front of me.

-"Is it yours?" She asked handing it to me.

I chuckled as i took it gently from her hands.

-"No, it's hers... I made it for her." I answered as I gently put the earring back on Achlys.
"She taught me how to make jewelry and... This was my first try."

As i finished, i looked back at Vi to find her holding tears back.

-"Vi? Are you... Crying?"

-"No. No... I'm just ... Tell me more about the both of you..."

-"Um... sure...." i responded a bit confused.

-"Let's go on a walk. We wouldn't want to wake her up.' She whispered as she opened the door.

I nodded as i caressed her face one last time before walking out.

Vi stayed behind for a second, frozen on sleeping Achlys. A little smile appeared on her face as she whispered: -"Thank you for keeping Powder alive inside of Jinx..."

-"U coming? Or are you too old to keep up?" I said teasing Vi.

She chuckled as she walked over to me. I brought her to Achlys's and i favourite rooftop.

-"So, What do you want to know?" I asked as I sat down.

-"How did the both of you meet?"

I looked at her surprised as I awkwardly laughed.

-"Soooo you mayyybbe don't remember but you know, when I blew up Piltover...-"

Vi's face became serious.

-"Jinx, I'm sorry i didn't-

I cut her off by pressing my finger on her lips.

-"Don't. We're talking about me remember?" I chuckled trying to avoid remembering her letting me go for Caitlyn.

I let my hand down as I continued talking.

-"I ended up losing consciousness In the river but she found me. She was a pain in the ass at first! Always disappearing and playing jokes on me... And yet... I kept getting more interested in her... She's the only person who understands me."

-"What do you mean by that?"

-"We're the same. Both abandoned and different. Shimmer flowing through our veins... She brings me back to sanity... To..."

-"Powder." She said.

I looked at her silently as she continued.

-"Like the good old times..."She whispered looking down at my tattoo.
-"You used to draw this all the time, looks like you made it permanent."

I chuckled as i looked up.

-"We tattooed this on eachother when I had a bad day to cheer me up."

I felt her gaze on me, so I looked back at her.

-"Why are you smiling?" I asked.

Vi chuckled and looked away to admire the view.

-"I'm just happy to see you like this."

-"like this?" I whispered asking myself what she meant.

-"Your smile... Your laughs... I missed it all... I'm grateful for Achlys having found you and saving my little sister from my own selfishness. I won't stand in you way again, jinx."

I threw myself in her arms as i dug my head in her shoulder with my arms holding on tightly to her. Tears rolled down Vi's face as she caressed my head.

-"You don't make and that I'm different...?" I whispered.

-"Not one bit jinx. I've always loved you I'll still love you no matter what... What happened to you wasn't your fault. You're my little sister and nothing will change that." She said reassuringly as she put her face against the top of my head, continuing to caress my hair at the same time.

~~~~~~~~

I woke up gasping for air as i fell off the bed. I looked up, distinguishing some forms. I stood up and stumbled out the door and into the darkness to the only person i know can help me.

I held onto the door frame as he turned around to face me. I looked back at him weakly.

-"Dr.Singed... or should I call you father..."