Chapter 8

~~~~~Viktor

I sighed and looked back at Jinx.

"And who are you ?" She asked crossing her arms giving me attitude.

"I am Achlys's science partner and the one who brought you back to life. It's Viktor, nice to meet you."

"Why are you metal though?"

"Flesh is weak. Metal is way better..."

She looked at my blood vials on my armor. I raised my hand before she could talk.

"You're going to give me a headache ... Yes I need her blood to survive. Why? Because i my body was dying."

She looked out the window longingly.

"Has she always been so fearless?" She suddenly asked.

I looked at her surprised.

"Yeah ... Unless it came to you... The idea of losing you terrified her."

I sat down and looked at her as she slowly looked back at me.

"And she still did ..."

"What do you mean ?" I asked.

She sat down in front of me and put down a picture of herself on the table.

"I'm not ... Her. I don't remember something and it's changed me... And i think Achlys noticed."

I looked back at her saddened.

"She still loves you regardless..." I said softly.

"I know ... But ... She's distant... I don't remember but ... It feels wrong. As if my body remembers but i don't."

I took the picture.

"And what do you want to do?" I asked looking back at her.

"Remember. I want to remember. You knew me right?" She asked looking back at me hopefully.

I sighed and put the picture back down.

"I did ... And I'll tell you one thing. Your past wasn't pretty ... Achlys loved you and accepted that part of you but it was traumatic. You're kind of like a blank slate right now. You don't really remember any trauma."

She looked surprised at me.

"My past was traumatic...?"

She sighed and hugged her knees.

"I want to remember though... I feel ... Like something important is missing in me."

I looked at her in silence as Achlys came in. I stood up and walked to the kitchen. Achlys followed and started making hot chocolate. I closed the door and looked at her.

"Achlys ... I think I have an idea to help her remember." I whispered.

"Oh yeah? What is it?" She asked taking the mug in her hand.

"Shimmer cou-"

The sound of shattering glass surprised me. She had shattered the mug by clenching it too hard.

"Is everything okay?!" Yelled Jinx.

"Yeah! We're okay, don't worry!" Said Achlys.

She suddenly pulled me by the neck and closer to her.

"Don't you fucking dare." She whispered.

"Achlys... She has the right to know-"

"I won't allow it. She's finally mentally healthy. I am not going to allow you to give her trauma again." She whispered clearly angered.

"She wants to remember you..."

She looked at me for a second in silence.

"I want her to remember me too ... But it's a selfish act to give her trauma again just so she can remember me. When you love someone... You protect them from pain. You don't become the cause of it."

I looked at her and sighed in defeat.

"Fine. I won't. Plus you've completely eradicated Shimmer production... So it's not like i could even do it... Right?"

Achlys looked at me seriously as she finished cleaning up the glass and making another one.

"...right."