Chapter 5

I walked out of the room to find a blue braid on the ground coming from the darkness. I started walking towards her as I heard her giggle and disappear into the darkness again. I followed her as I suddenly felt a pair of hands over my eyes.

-"Who is it?" She asked playfully.

I could see her blue braids at my feet as I chuckled.

-"Hm... I wonder... I have no idea."

She giggled again as she removed her hands from my eyes. My eyes widened as it looked like i was inside the motor of a plane. That's when I spotted her a bit farther with a smile.

-" CATCH!" She yelled.

I caught it and realized it was a bomb. My eyes widened out of realisation and threw it up in the air away from us. That's when sparkles of every color appeared from the explosion. I held my hand out to find out minuscule mechanic fireflies.

-"You like them?"

I turned around to find jinx with her arms behind her back and her biting her lip.

-"You made these...? They're gorgeous... Even though I thought they'd be more deadly knowing you."

She chuckled as she took my hand and walked me over to the center.

-"My other versions are. Wanna try?" She said handing me a bomb.

I rolled my eyes as I put it back down.

-"No thanks, i can live without that."

I walked around the place to find all sorts of gadgets and drawings.

-"You never let me down here usually..." I whispered as i looked around the place. "What changed?" I asked as i looked back at her.

-"I learned to trust you. That's what changed."

I picked up another bomb of hers and observed the design.

-"You're really talented you know..."

-"Would you wanna try to... make one ...?" She asked shyly.

-"Oh no! I'm not good with anything that... explodes."

-"I can teach you! Come here!"

She had already prepared everything and put it down on the Airplane propeller. I smiled as she took my hand and pulled me towards her. She sat on the ledge with me and began teaching me how everything worked and where it went.

-"Great! You did it! Now final touches!" She said taking out crayons. I giggled at her as she raised an eyebrow at me.

-"What?" She asked offended.

-"Nothing, You're just really cute but go on, I'm listening."

She stared at me blankly for a few seconds as the bomb slipped out of her hand.

-"JINX!"

I pulled her with all of my might towards me. As the bomb exploded.

-"Are you okay?!" I asked breathing heavily as I cupped her face with my hands. "Jinx...? Are you ...?"

I wiped the tear rolling down her face as i sat up.

-"Why does it look like you care ...?" She said whispering.

She suddenly dropped her head onto my lap. I looked down at her as she played with my leg straps who were on my pants. She then turned around to face me and raised her hand to my face.

-"I wonder when you'll leave me..."

-"Why would i?" I asked softly.

-"They all do, voluntarily or not. It's a matter of time before you betray me." She said before dropping her hand from my face and taking one of her braids in her hands.

-"If you're so sure about this, why are you still staying with me?" I asked lifting her chin up.

She looked at me in silence for a few seconds before responding.

-" I don't know ... Even they shut up when I'm with you..." She said pointing towards the couch and the two puppets.

I looked at them but decided to not engage in that subject. That's when she sat back up and observed my face.

-"Follow me, i have something to show you too." I said extending my hand towards her. She was still hesitant but much less than before.

We walked together for a while but she stayed silent.

-"What's wrong? You usually can't shut up. Need a little fun to boost you again?" I asked with a smirk.

She looked up at me in surprise.

-"Is this why you wanted me to come?"

-"Well if you opened this door, you could see why we're really here."

~~~~~~~~~Jinx

I pushed the door as my eyes widened in amazement. A gigantic neon room... I ran my fingers over the paint as I heard Achlys behind me.

-"I guess you like it... This is where I was taken to be trained. It's not in use anymore but... We could always use it..." She said in a playful tone.

-"What do you mean?" I asked excited.

-"Well how about we both give each other a little teaser of what we can do in a fight. Everything allowed except Fishbones."

I smirked dropping fishbones on the ground and looking at her proudly.

-"You don't have any weapons... You're not gonna last long."

-"Oh but darling, i don't need them ... I am the weapon. Welcome to the Playground Sweet Cheeks." She said as The Shimmer lit up her eyes.

We proceeded to fight each other for God knows who long. Dodging one of her attacks, i jumped on boards to distance myself when the boards under me suddenly broke.

Flashback:

I looked up to find Vi holding me back. I looked down as my whole body was just suspended mid air.

-"Come on! Grab onto me Powder!" She said with a strained force as she tried to pull me up alone.

-"Powder's dead... It's jinx now."

-" FINE! JINX, grab my arm!" She screamed out of frustration.

That's when we suddenly heard a scream behind her.

-" CAITLYN! "

Vi let go of me to grab Caitlyn. My eyes widened as I felt myself falling.

JINX!

Achlys's voice brought me back to reality as I saw her holding me the same way Vi did and even though the fall wasn't that high, it still could've hurt pretty bad.

-"Grab onto me. I won't let go." She said looking me in the eyes.

Before I knew it, both of my hands were holding onto her arm as she pulled me up. We both fell on the ground facing each other.

-"Why didn't you let me fall... You could've gained all the power for yourself... You could've fallen with me..." I whispered as I was still heavily breathing.

-"Power doesn't interest me... And you're entertaining enough to keep around... You're ... Worth the risk." She responded.

We looked at each other in silence as our breathing calmed down. I slowly advanced and put my head against her chest. Her arms too slowly wrapped themselves around me.

-"Your heart is pounding... Why?" I whispered.

-"Hm... I wonder. It's not like we almost died a few seconds ago. I will admit I should've checked this place before bringing you but-"

I cut her off by putting my finger against her lips and facing her.

-"Thank you. It's been a while since I had fun like that..." I said as we stared at eachother.

What's this tension ...