Chapter 25

A week passed:

The last cities had been burned down, our refuge being the only place still standing. Viktor had put defenses all around to city to give it's refugees the idea that they were safe.

We both know those defenses won't last a minute...

Achlys attacking is comparable to a Tsunami. It's extremely fast, deadly and unavoidable.

Sitting on top of a defense, i looked down at Viktor still putting up defenses.

I chuckled at his futile efforts. He looked back up at my chuckle.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked looking at me playing with my new knife.

"You're cruel." I said with a smile.

"Why are you saying that?"

I chuckled again and stopped playing with my knife.

"You're giving them a false sense of security... You and i both know, those wooden fences won't do anything. We're all doomed once she decides to attack."

His silence told me he was already aware of that fact.

"I know, but hope never hurts anyone. They need to feel safe at least... If it's the last thing i can provide them with, then I will."

I observed him in Pity.

"Such a naive way of thinking..." I whispered.

He chuckled and looked back at the people.

"Maybe ... But that's what they need now. A hero... And you can be that for them. Just do your best." He said before walking off.

I walked back to my room and watched myself in the mirror.

A hero ...

"Is killing my lover such a Great thing...? Is taking the life of someone i love really an act that should be celebrated with the title of hero...? If so, i don't want to be a hero..." I whispered to myself looking down at the knife.

Achlys ... How am I supposed to kill you when my heart yearns for you... Is there any point of living a life without you in it ...?

My eyes focused on the knife, my neck reflected in it.

If i end it, will you stop this war? Will i break your heart a second time with my death... Or will you slaughter them all out of rage...

I slowly raised the knife to my neck running it along my collarbone. My eyes suddenly widened as the knife transformed into an usual feeling.

I closed my eyes as i felt her behind me caressing my collarbone with her finger while kissing me behind my ear.

"Wake up Sweet Cheeks-."

My eyes shot open again to find no one behind me but the knife where Achlys's finger was.

My mind is playing tricks on me...

Wait... This smell... It's smells like ...

"FIRE!"