Chapter 40

478 Years later:

Her necklace dangling off my neck, i observed the city from the rooftop.

I sighed and glided down from roof to roof. Landing in the middle of the streets i was greeted by most people in the streets.

"Good morning Lady Achlys."

"Good morning Benny, Could i get-"

"There you go, our family legacy special bouquets for Our Lady Achlys. You don't need to pay." He said giving me bouquets.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"You buy flowers everyday. I won't die if you don't pay one day."

I smiled at him and thanked him.

I put down flowers in front of Vander's statue, i then went over to the ocean, where i spread Silco's ashes and threw the flowers into the ocean.

"Hey guys ..."

I looked up at the statue of The Lost Founders of Zaun, Vi, Caitlyn, Sevika, Ekko and jinx, i had created in their honor, who was filled with flowers. I put down a bouquet for every person, keeping only one in my hands.

"Vi, i brought you a brand new red jacket this year, it even has a cap... Oh and Caitlyn! I didn't forget about you." I said putting down a Cupcake and a replica of her gun.

"Don't shoot Vi with it okay? Hey Sevika, How is my favourite asshole? Here, your cigars, don't smoke all of them in a day okay?"

I fixed Ekko's flowers before looking up at his statue.

"How you doing little man? You still annoying Vi with your board? I brought you some spare pieces in case you need to change some parts of your board."

I took a step back and looked at the statue in silence.

"I miss you guys."

My eyes fell on Jinx's statue.

"I'm coming darling."

I finally arrived at Jinx's grave, a special place who only i could access. I sat down in front of her.

"Hey Sweet Cheeks... I missed you. I brought you new flowers again." I said replacing the flowers from the day before with fresh ones like i do every day.

"I also brought you some crayons. They're your favourite kind... The ones who were impossible to clean up." I looked down chuckling.

"I can still remember your laughter as i chased you around the house trying to get these away from you..." My face saddened itself.

"But now... The house is quiet... Too quiet... Too safe ... All i have left is memories... Such precious memories."

I caressed her tomb and took out our picture.

"I love you jinx... Forever and Always."

I suddenly saw another bouquet being dropped next to mine.

"I miss her too... I miss them all."

"That's the burden of immortal... Right Vicky?" I said looking back at the Metallic Figure.

He nodded.

"If only we had discovered our technology earlier... They could've all stayed." He said saddened.

I stood up and faced him.

"I wouldn't have given it to them even if i could. Immortality is a cruel punishment... Well for most of us." I said looking at him. "Come on, let's get back."

-------

"Here's your dose." I said giving him a modified sample of my blood.

He took my blood sample and looked at it.

"If only we would've known that your blood transfusions were the ones keeping me alive..."

"Yeah, put it in now." I said crossing my arms.

He finally did it and felt relieved. He looked up at me.

"You know, Jinx was right after all." He said.

"About what genius?"

"You're special... Not only your blood but you as a whole. You've eradicated sickness from this city and extended everybody's lifespan... Plus you're also keeping me alive."

"Eh... Sometimes i hesitate you know."

He chuckled at me.

"It's just you and me now Viktor..."

"You and me." He repeated.

-The end-