Chapter 34: A Village in the Dark

*Just a warning! There is sex in this chapter! Skip if you wish or stay and enjoy the read!*

We arrive to the village later than we were supposed to, but there was enough time left for us to go see the fae that lived there. Surprisingly, the people greeted Azazel with friendly smiles and gifts. He refused all of the gifts, but did not hesitate to greet and thank all that he met. Knowing his reputation outside of the Capital City, the warm welcome Azazel received from his people was unnerving to say the least. Azazel noticed my confused expression and asked, "What's that look for?"

We continued our walk, so it took me a minute to formulate my question. These people treat you with kindness and respect when your reputation indicates you have never treated others with such courtesies.

"That doesn't sound like much of a question." He teases.

You know very well what I'm asking.

"They treat me such a way because they believe I deserve such respect and kindness. It may surprise you, but I'm not actually a heartless monster."

So then why the evil reputation?

"It makes controlling the court of silver teeth and those outside the Capital city easier. More often than not, the fae outside the Capital city would rather see every innocent woman and child burn and die, than live free. My fearsome reputation is a way to keep those who would see the innocent hurt, at bay."

So you haven't gone all those things you are rumored to have done?

"Oh, I have done that, and more, but never to these people and those they cared for." He gestured to the milling crowd around us.

That's rather noble of you.

"You seem surprised."

Well considering your reputation told me you were a total monster and absolute spoiled jackass, yes, you could say I'm a little surprised. Azazel chuckles at my words. We lapse into comfortable silence as we continue our trek throughout the village. Fae greet him as we walk. They look to me with hesitancy, though a few give me brief smiles when they notice that Azazel and I walk together. It takes a few meaningful looks from the village women and the sharp stares of beautiful maidens as we pass by to get what everybody around me was thinking. Oh no. They think we're together. Like in a relationship. The idea would be almost too much to fathom if it weren't for the scrutinizing stares of the obviously eligible fae women that walk past us.

"Are you alright?" Azazel asked. He had noticed me stiffen and concern lined his gaze.

Oh. Um. Yeah. I just realized Karasi needed me for something today. Um. I should get going.

Azazel looked at me strangely, "Your here in the village yo advise me, Aerilynn."

Yeah, but you look like you've got everything under control. Nothing here really needs my advisement. I really should get going now. Karasi's a calling. I start to turn and walk away, but Azazel grabs my upper arm and drags me into an abandoned alley nearby. We had walked to the outskirts of town so there was nobody to see us go into the alley. Azazel swung me towards the stone wall and pinned his hands on either side of my head, effectively trapping me. My brought his face close to mine so that I would have no choice but to look him in the eyes.

"Aerilynn," he said gently, "What the hell is wrong?"

I have no clue what you're on about.

"You are withdrawing from me. Don't deny it." His closeness makes my heart start to race. I press myself further to the cold wall at my back, try yo put distance between us and the electric tension between us. This only makes Azazel press himself closer to me until every inch of me is pressed for every part of him. Our breaths mingle and my breathing accelerates at his closeness.