Chapter 121: Impatience in the Dark

Thank you to @havockiller46 for your support of A Song of Silence!!! Your support means the world to me!!!

Also, thank you to everyone for the 38k reads!!! OMG!!! That is awesome!! Thank you to all my readers!!! I wouldn't have made it this far without everyone!!!

Azazel tapped me on the shoulder to wake me up in the morning. "Aerilynn, it's time to get up." I groan and pull the blanket back over my head. He grabs it and attempts to pull it off me, but I hold fast and refuse to let go. "C'mon Aerilynn. I've ordered us some coffee. We've got to get up or we'll be late for my surprise." I groan and pull the blanket tighter around me. Seeing as his words are unsuccessful, Azazel now tries a different tactic. Sliding his hand under the covers he slides it across the back of my thighs. A particular ticklish spot that Azazel knows about since he knows my body inside and out.

I dislodge my thigh from his grip and sink further into the blankets. I can feel his amusement as he replaces his hand on the back of my thigh once more. His hand makes a trail down the back of my thigh to my calf and back up again. It raises goosebumps along my arms and legs and sends a thrill to the area between my thighs. Unknowingly, my grip on the blanket had been loosening as Azazel stroked the back of my legs. Before I realize my mistake, the blanket has been ripped off and I angrily squeal in protest at the action. "Asshole," I grumble at him before slumping down on the pillows and trying to fall back asleep.

Azazel's strong arms wrap around me and haul me off the bed. I punch him in protest, but he only places me on my feet and walks to the bathroom. Well now I'm too energized to fall back asleep and he knows it. That jackass. Grumbling, I go to the closet and pick out some long, dark trousers and a comfortable blouse. I should be wearing a dress for my first day as the new High Queen, but I can't muster the e very to lace up a dress and deal with a corset today. Running a brush through my nail, I detangle it quicker than expected and throw on some makeup to cover the heavy shadows under my eyes from the late hour last night. A few simple bracelets, s necklace, and some earrings and I'm as ready as I can be.

Just in time, Azazel emerges from the bathroom dressed in dark trousers and a button down shirt, and a knock can be heard at the door. A maid brings in a cart full of breakfast and coffee. I starts scarfing down the food in between sips of scalding hot coffee, ignoring the maid that is still in the room. I don't miss the meaningful look she gives us, as if she knows the reason for my ravenous hunger. That reason being our activities last night.

Unfortunately, no such activities took place and rumors that we had done so would soon spread about the castle. It was to be expected, of course. All couples had sex on their wedding night. The fact that we did not would dumbfound and confuse people if they learned of it. Not to mention my right to be the High Queen would be invalidated because of archaic traditions that believe that a man has to stick his dick into a woman in order for her to have any kind of power over the male whatsoever. Whatever male came up with that idea deserved to get his dick chopped off.

Anyways, after we had finished breakfast Azazel had a maid whisk the cart and the dirty dishes away. Unable to contain my curiosity, I quickly ask Azazel, "So, any hints for your surprise today?"

"As I told you yesterday, Aerilynn, no. I'm not telling you a thing until we get there." He replies calmly.

"Asshole," I say frustrated, as I cross my arms. This action brings a small smile to Azazel's face, but he gets up and walks to the vanity instead of addressing my pouting. Grabbing the simple silver crown off the pillow, he turns back to me. I know exactly what he is going to try to do, "Oh, no. Absolutely not. I had to wear that dreadful thing all last night and there are probably permanent indents in my head from it. I am not wearing it again."

He arches his eyebrow, "Really? On your first day of being the new High Queen, you are going to wear trousers, a blouse, and refuse to wear your crown?"

"Yep."

His dumbfounded expression morphs into a full blown smile as he sets the crown back down and approaches me once more. Grabbing my face in his hands, he kisses me deeply and passionately, "I thought I couldn't love you more than I already do and here you are, proving me wrong once again."

His comment makes a smile appear on my face, "Good, I'd hate to be boring. Now is it time for that surprise yet, or do we have to wait a little longer?"

"We can go see it now,"'Azazel says, grabbing my hand. The doors to our rooms swing open and a flurry of activity greets us. Maids, butlers, and members of the court are all coincidentally present in the hallway closest to our wing of the palace. All at once they all bend into curtsies and bows and unanimously say, "Greetings, Your Majesties."

"Rise," Azazel says, authority in his voice. Before anyone else can speak, he says, "The High Queen and I will be postponing any and all court matters until tomorrow. Anything concerning such things can be brought to the council to be addressed at a later date."

"B,but your majesty," a messenger sputters, "I have an urgent letter that requires your immediate attention!"

Azazel gives the poor messenger as he says, "As I said, it can wait until tomorrow." The messenger looks like he is going to say more, but quickly shuts his mouth at the look Azazel gives him. The messengers and courtiers disperse and Azazel and i make our way to the stables. I saddle up Millie and Azazel does the same to his horse. Once finished, Azazel and I mount the horses and head out of the castle gates. To my surprise, Azazel leads to outside the city gates as well and urges both the horses into trots as he leads us to our unknown destination.

The riding takes a few hours, but soon enough we arrive at a familiar place. The village Azazel had brought me to when he had tried to show off the good that he could do for his people. The village was as lively as when I had first seen it, but it held no true special meaning to me. To Azazel maybe, but I did not feel a connection to this place. Azazel waved to a few villagers and turned back to me, gesturing for me to follow. Confusion knotted my brow, but I reluctantly followed. Guiding his horse once more, Azazel led us to a simple hut on the outskirts of town. Despite the harmless surroundings, I couldn't help but feel as if I was being watched. Looking over to Azazel, wariness on my face, I open my mouth to ask a question.

He interrupts me before I can ask it, saying, "It is safe. You'll see why this place is guarded." He dismounts his stallion and I follow suit with Millie. We tie the horses to posts and Azazel leads me towards the hut. Pushing open the worn, wooden door of the hut, the overwhelming presence of magic envelops me. Inside the hut is a sacred....rock. I stand and stare confused at a plain looking rock that lays in the middle of the worn hut. It's magical presence has all but vanished and it shows no sign of magic whatsoever.

"Um..." I ask Azazel, "Why are we coming to see a rock?"