Chapter 35: An Alley in the Dark

***Thank you to all my readers that have loved this story as much as I have! 1k reads! WOW! I can't tell you all how much this means to me! Once again. Thank you all for your dedication to reading this story and giving me the will to keep writing. Even when things got boring!
<3 PinkseyDinksey

My breaths escape is in a frantic rhythm as we lay against the wall of the alley in silence. I try to calm my breathing as I come off the orgasmic high Azazel just put me through. I can feel his smugness from what had just occurred and I very much wished to slap that smug smile right off his stupidly handsome face. "Well, well, well. Who knew the day would turn into this," he teases. I elbow him hard and hear and answering umph from my jab. Gathering my courage, I button my trousers and get up from the filthy floor. Straightening my clothes, I look back and seek Azazel rise as well, his clothes less dirty than mine, but still rather disgusting.

Turning to him I quickly sign. This...this didn't happen. Got it.

"So quick to deny, Aerilynn. If I didn't know you better, I'd say you were embarrassed."

Embarrassed? No. I don't get embarrassed. Disappointment. Yes. Anger. Yes.

"Denial. Yes," he interrupts me before I can continue. "You are running from something, Aerilynn, even now you run from what happened between us."

Because you will get attached if this continues, Azazel. Males in power like you always do. So for both our sakes, I will be the loser of our little bet. You proved me wrong. Good for you. Now never mention what happened here ever and stay away from me. I furiously spin on my heel and starts to quickly walk out of the alley.

"You forgot about the other part of our bet. You owe me an unlimited question." This makes me stop in my tracks. Of fucking course, how could I have forgotten about the prize of the bet.

Turning ever so slowly, I look to him and sign, well, what is your question then?

Azazel slowly strides towards me, fluid and graceful in every step. He walks straight up to me and whispers into the shell of my ear, "I guess you'll have to wait and find out." With that he brushes past me and goes towards the market square once more, leaving me stunned and furious at the mouth if the alley. I should run after him and kick his ass for the stunt he just pulled, but if I am completely honest with myself, I was as much to blame for what happened between us as he was. I had let it happen, even as my hood sense screamed at me to stop for both our sakes. As frustrated as I was, I knew no food would come from me staying in the village and near Azazel any longer.

Reluctantly, I return to the stables, careful to take less used roads in order to not be seen by Azazel, and grab Millie from her stall. I leave a not with the stable hand for Azazel should he return to look for me. As much as Karasi would no doubt love to see me, I didn't feel like going back to the castle when there were still a few hours of light left. Going to another village to walk around and explore would calm me down more than anything. Clicking my tongue, Millie goes into a trot as I steer her towards the paths leading towards a neighboring village. Pulling my hood over my hair, I ready myself for the ride ahead.

————————————————————————

The neighboring village was as busy as the one i had just left, though it was less busy and had far to many abandoned alleyways for my liking. I left Millie to wander off and eat what she liked, not wanting to pay a housing fee for her because I would only be here a number of hours. My hood would look to conspicuous and unfriendly for me to walk about unnoticed, so I left it in my saddle bags and put my hair in a delicate updo to try to hide it. Seeing no other choice, I grabbed some mud from nearby and covered my head in it to hide my silvery locks. It was the best disguise I could come up with at the moment and I didn't want to waste time going back to the castle just to get a wig to hide my hair. Satisfied with my disguise, I headed into the town square, careful and watchful all the while.

The town may have been a bit shabbier than the one Azazel and I visited, but it was just as prosperous. The fae milled about, buying and selling wares as I walked by. I was bedraggled and worn looking, so many shopkeepers didn't pay attention to me and passed me by when calling shoppers for wares. Once I was done watching the fae walking around the market square, I started my way to the less prosperous parts of the town. Pulling my hood over my head, few looked at me and those that did looked away in fear. I wasn't that much of an imposing figure, so it was hard to see their fear. It was sad to know, even this close to the castle there was still fear and hardship.

A muffled scream caught my attention and the sound of a fight reached my ears. There was nobody near to hear the sound other than me, so I quickly and quietly went to investigate. Following the sounds of a struggle, I came upon a group of scarred men pushed around and fondling two young women. Their fear was so potent, I could taste it. The women begged and pleaded to be left alone by the men, even as a couple were taking far too many liberties as it was. I knew the mens intentions. They would rape and then sell the two young women into slavery. It had long been banned by the late High King, but it still existed even with all my efforts to stop it.

I needed to stop this before this went too far. Making sure my footsteps were heard, I stepped into the mouth of the alley, my fists clenched and a dagger in hand. The thugs that were harassing the two women turned quickly and bared their teeth at me. They couldn't tell that I was a woman under my hood, so they seemed to fear the mysterious hooded stranger who had appeared. "Mind your own fucking business, before we make you," the biggest and strongest of the men yelled at me. I didn't heed them, instead choosing to cock my head to the side and toss my dagger between my hands. They tried again, "I said mind you own business, fucker!" He yells again. I don't move, content to watch them squirm. From the looks of the two women they were bothering, the men had already taken too many liberties with these ladies. Oh their deaths would not be swift. I would make sure of it.

The biggest of the thugs became enraged at my lack of response. He stormed closer to me, his fists raised. His thugs turned back to the two women, confident that their leader would kill the skinny, shrimp of a boy that dared to challenge them. I could see the leaders intention from a mile away. His first swing missed me completely as I dodged around his clumsy punch. This enraged him further, but I didn't have the time or patience to give him a fair chance. My dagger slid underneath his chin and into his windpipe. He fell down, clutching his throat as he started to choke on his own blood. I held no remorse for him as he struggled to breathe. Content that his death would be a slow one, I turned my eyes to the remaining men. They had looked back at me as they heard their leader choking on his own blood.

"We'll kill you for this fucker!" One yells and charges at me. A gut wound was my only response to his foolish words. Then next and the next charged at me. All died while I barely got a scratch from my endeavor. Once they were all dead, or close enough to it, I turned my attention to the two women they had been harassing. They cowered against the wall in fear. I hated their fear. I placed my bloodied knife back in its sheath at my side and took off my hood. The women visible relaxed as they saw that I was a woman.

"Thank you got your help miss!" One managed to squeak. I motioned to my throat, indicating that I wouldn't speak. The women, bright and smart looking, quickly caught on and said, "We owe you miss. We work at the local inn. Would you like someplace to stay for the night?" I merely shook my head no and motioned towards the mouth of the alley. The girls and I quickly parted ways and I looked back at the carnage I had wrought. I felt bad for the fae that would have to clean it up, but I was glad the males deaths were not quick. Content that all the males were dead, I headed put my hood back on and headed for the meadow where I had left Millie. She came quickly when I whistled and we were on our way.

I arrived at the castle later than I would have liked. The stable hand quickly took Millie from me, a tight lipped smile on his face. Something was up. I tapped the stable boy on the shoulder motioning for him to start talking. He took in the severe expression on my face and quickly said, "I don't know what you did to anger him miss, but whatever you did made him come back to the castle in a silent rage." The boy must have meant Azazel. Great. Just what I needed. An angry High King to deal with on top of everything else. Reluctantly I made my way back to the castle, intently looking for the angry High King.