Chapter 26

"Oh, Darling." My father spreads his arms open. "There you are."

He comes in- uninvited i might add, with my mom following close behind him and both wrapping me up in their arms. "What are you doing here?" I chuckled nervously as I can feel both of the two eyes on me. "How did you find my address?"

"What? You dont call your parents for months and assume we wouldn't come looking?" My mom says, releasing me from her grip and looking around the place. "Awful nice place you got here- how do you afford it?"

"It's not mine.." I answer honestly, "It's Zara's."

I pointed to my girlfriend, who was looking just as nervous as I was feeling. She raised an eyebrow at the two, "Hi, It's nice to meet you." She shakes both of their hands.

"It's nice to meet you too."

"And Uh, this is my other friend- Jasmine." I point out to her who had just shut the door and stood next to me.

"Nice to see you made friends- are they the reason you can't pick up a phone?" My father disrespectfully spits out.

"I've been busy." I looked down and away from his glare.

"Too busy for your parents?" He says.

"What are you doing here?" I asked once again.

"Business, dear." My mom answers me in her sweet tone of voice- you know, the one mothers use when they're infront of company. "Your father's got a new client who lives out here, I came to see you."

     "Not that I didn't wanna see you, but, I mean- you came totally unannounced." I looked around the room- growing nervous as the tension started to build between me and father.

     "I shouldn't have to announce my arrival to my daughter- she should be happy to see me regardless." He crosses his arms. "After all, I do pay your way through school. "

     I rolled my eyes at his response. "Yeah dad, I'm happy to see you, but, seriously. Can we pick this up tomorrow? I had a lot to do today, I'm not ready for guests tonight."

     "What is that around your neck?" My mother asks me referring to the collar I forgot i had on. Oh no no no, this can't be real.

     "It's a new fashion statement." Zara chimes in. "Gotta stick it to the man right? And what better way than to say 'I own myself'?"

     "Well I own her." My dad says in a stern tone of voice. "Alright then, I'll leave you three alone. But, we will have lunch tomorrow before I go back home to your brother."

      "It was nice to see you, dear." My mom grins, pulling me in for a hug and kissing the top of my head to say farewell.

     "Bye, dear." My father walks out the door with my mom's hand in his own.

     I exhaled. Holy shit. Jasmine decided that that was 'enough awkwardness to feed a horse' and grabbed her things and left- not before hugging us both goodbye and grabbing extra cookies I made to take home. I cleaned the living room for Zara as she went up and got ready for bed. She's barely said anything since my parents left. Fuck, did I do something? I went up with caution once i finished cleaning and was met with the sound of running water coming from her bedroom's bathroom. I went straight there to see her spitting out her toothpaste, wearing a pair of shorts and a regular band tee.

     "Hey." I quietly let out.

     She looks at me from the mirror. "Sup."

     "Are you mad at me?" I blurt out, needing to know if I had done anything to upset her.