Chapter 36

I awoke this morning to a seemingly empty house. I'm still a bit groggy from last night as I sit up and stretch my arms out, looking around for Zara or to hear even a little peep from outside the door, but, I heard nothing for a moment. I was confused, but, I got up anyways to brush my teeth and tie my hair up in a quick and easy bun, strands still flying in my face. I opened the bedroom door to hear a faint sound of a video coming from the kitchen and approached it quietly but quickly wondering who was home. To my happy surprise, It was Zara. Her hair was down, but, a bit messy so I'm guessing she just woke up not too long ago. She was wearing a large button up flannel- a bit oversized for her, but, would definitely swallow me up whole if i tried to wear it. She sat on her phone, facing the opposite way of the entrance so I decided to jump at her and scare her- it worked.

     She gasped and stood up quickly throwing her phone on the table. "DON'T DO THAT!" she hyperventilated heavily.

    Laughing, i moved towards her, "Sorry goddess. I couldn't help myself."

   She leans down for a kiss, cupping my cheek before sitting back down and grabbing her phone. "Goddess? I haven't heard that all week. That's refreshing."

     "I know, I'm sorry." I frowned sitting in the seat next to her. "It's been crazy busy.. ya know."

     "I do know." She nods gently as she unlocked her phone. "No need to apologize though I get it."

    "What were you watching by the way?" I asked scooting in a bit closer as she turned to show me her phone.

    "Jas sent me the video from last night. I posted it." She shrugged.

    I take the phone out of her hand calmly and turn the sound up on the video. The rowdy video was everyone in the house last night after the clock struck midnight. When Zara and I kissed- and we said I love you. The caption read: 'New year, same ol' us. I love you.' no tag, but, still. It was us. My face was right there.. on her platform.. for quite literally the world to see.

    "I hope that's okay with you?" She questioned by my expressionless view of the video.

    I think for a moment, I have no distaste for her action- I actually admire and love that we're being more open about it. I guess you could say I feel relieved. I don't feel a cloud of anxiety hovering over me at the thought of people actually knowing us as a couple. They actually see us kissing. I peered over the few comments on it that had been made in the past 37 minutes and it was all about how people are so happy for us and how they 'knew it' and a bunch of other random comments I didn't bother to read based on the repetitiveness of the words I had already read. It feels good knowing that there's love and genuine care for our happiness. Even if we don't know these people, they root for us which almost completely makes up for those who don't. Almost.

    "I'm okay with it." I smile and hand her phone back. "While we're at it, am I allowed to start showing your face in my posts?"

   "yes." She laughs, glancing at her phone and then putting it back down. She placed her hand on my knee and as I peered down, she looked to me for a reaction..

    A cheeky smirk appeared on my face, "What?" As if I didn't know exactly what this type of touch means.

Abruptly, she gets up out of her seat and leans in to kiss me. Of course, I smile under her lips as she reconnects them.

"What about Jas and Imogen?" I questioned between kisses.

"I kind of bribed them to go out for a couple of hours.." she admits.

"To do what?"

"I think they went to Imogen's family's house." She kisses on my shoulder for a split second before looking back up. "All i know is, we have the next few hours to ourselves."