Chapter 32

Imogen drove us over to my parent's house. I was more ecstatic if anything to see Damien. It's been months since I was able to hug him and really talk to him about everything that's going on in life. I've tuned in to a few of his streams and he's gotten huge. 15k views last time i was in there. I'm so proud of him honestly. Zara grabbed me by the hand as the car parked. We had to be a bit early to help set up- Imogen and me. So I assume Zara and Jasmine are just gonna hang around while we help make everything all pretty and shit.

We walked up to the door, I let go of Zara's hand as it swung open to reveal my mother and a friend of hers I hadn't seen in ages- Lisa. Or as I called her as a child, Mrs. B.

"Blair!" Mrs.B says, "It's so nice to see you again!"

She pulls me into a hug and my mother wraps her arms around me too. "Your father's upstairs getting dressed. Damien is somewhere around here."

"Okay, okay. Don't ruin the outfit I just put it on." I pull them both back, "It's nice to see you again, too Mrs. B. Hi ma."

I introduce Mrs. B to everyone who came with. "You know Imogen."

"Hi honey, you look lovely." She says grabbing her hand endearingly.

"This is Jasmine- a close friend." They greet each other and as I go to introduce Zara Mrs B. Cuts me off.

"You're Zara! That model!" She jumps in excitement. "oh god, I had no idea you'd be coming. Excuse my look for the night I didnt realize someone of your status would be here."

"Oh, no. Really. You look great." Zara's obviously taken aback by the reaction she got out of her. "I'm just glad to be here and welcomed into such a nice home. Thank you for letting me visit Mrs. Dupont " she turns to my mom.

     "It's nice to have you." She smiles and directs us to follow her to the kitchen.

God, this house is not at all any different from when I was a kid. Everything exactly where it needed to be, seemingly untouched. My mother had me cooking the last appetizer before dinner. I decided in the moment that I'd make both vegan and non-vegan meatballs with salsa verde. She then had Imogen finish setting up the decorations and making sure the house is "up to code". That pretty much left me alone in the kitchen for an hour while my mother and Mrs. B went out on the porch and drank their little hearts away.

"Can I help?" I turned to see Zara's face beaming with joy.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked, a ball of meatball in my hands as i placed it down on the sheet infront of me.

"I looked at you, is there any other reason to be happy?" She walked up and kissed me softly.

I pulled away. "Babe, my dad could come down any minute."

"Right, sorry. I couldn't help it." She blushed. It was so rare for her to actually blush like that.. It's cute.

"BLAIR!" My brother screams from the other side of the kitchen. He comes up and scoops me in his arms as if my hands weren't an insane mess from cooking.

"Okay, Damien. Let me down." I kept my hands up so I wouldn't get his freshly pressed suit dirty.

"My bad." He playfully punched me on the arm. He turns to Zara. "And you! You know, you're the talk of the party right? I overheard my mom call a few of her friends who were coming to say you were here. How does it feel to be seen as royalty?"

"Oh god, seriously." Her face grows flushed. "Hey, you can actually talk to me for once."

"Yeah, well I happen to have gotten myself a girlfriend so no girl makes me more nervous than she does." He subtly brags.