Chapter 36 Can People Change?

(words:1308)

Manolo actually raised his arm in front of Davis, protecting him. Maybe people can change. But people can also fake change

"Davis come on let's go, he won't grab you"

"I wasn't ever going to Tazu"

"It's Ronin"

"Sure it is, Davis go to your friends, please" Manolo lowered his arm back down. Davis and Manolo looked at each other but looking away again.

"it's fine just go" He reassures his son.

Davis walked over to Ronin and he immediately got checked for injuries. "I'm fine he didn't do anything we just talked"

"What do he say to you"

"He had an alibi, He didn't rob that bank"

"What kind of fucking lies did you fill his head with"

"No lies. Only the truth. I was here the night that the bank got robbed Tazu, I was here with Flynn"

"Dad..is that true?.."

"He speaks the truth Sweetheart. He was helping me, we helped each other grieve that day"

"Your phone is blowing up Manny"

"It's Rain"

"Is he okay?"

"He needs help, I gotta go, I'm sure you'll be happy with my disappearance Tazu"

"Not exactly. The first time you abandoned him Davis said he thought you were dead"

"Kid I'm so sorry. I had to flee"

"You left me with Harold, his methods of training are harder than yours at times. You still abandoned us."

"I wasn't lying in my recorded message. Don't listen to Harold he was a right bitch" Manolo held his sons chin up high gently spoke softly "you'll always be my little Misfit". He slipped a folded up piece of paper into his jacket pocket without being noticed.

"We've said the same thing about you" Kat rolled her eyes.

"Good to see you again Finn, maybe another time we can catch up"

"I would love to Manny"

Manolo ran off to 'help' Rain who seemed to be freaking out and in major trouble.
"Am I in trouble Dad"

"Not with me. But Avian seemed pretty pissed, dont worry I'll be with you"

"I'm sorry Kat, I wanted to suprise you, I didn't even know I was gonna see him again" He watched as Manolo ran out of eye shot. He looked back to the group.

"You did check his grave before coming here though didn't you" Shino pointed out.

Davis nodded

"Why didn't you tell me then, I was blowing up your phone"

"If he was alive I needed a chance to talk to him alone before you could"

"Because you thought I would.. shout"

"If in being honest, Harold was a shouter. I don't know I just didn't think you would know you know, I haven't exactly told you things" He felt bad, Davis hasn't told Ronin anything that happening in his life since the adoption.

-during the walk home-

"Do you really believe he's changed Davis"

"Look I don't know, he hasn't called me that nickname in a long time usually it's just disappointment or useless so maybe some people do change"