Chapter 84 A Helping Hand

-once Ronin and Venus arrived at dorm 8-
Ronin knocked on the door. All the lights in every dorm was out.

A faint "what time do they call this" was heard on the other side of the door along with footsteps. Shino opened it and let them in.
"Did you two need something?"

"Just wanted to check on Davis, Shino"

"He was on the balcony when I went to bed"

"Thanks" Ronin and Venus walked through the dorms and onto the balcony, Shino went back to bed.

Davis was sat on the fence with his legs dangling over the edge. It's the least painful way to sit currently.

"You alright kid?"

Davis didn't respond.

"Can you come inside so we can take a look at your wounds?"

Davis turned around and stood up. He was struggling to stand and Ronin saw it so he held on to him and helped him walk inside and sit down on a sofa.

"Buddy we're gonna help you okay"

"Poor kid, probably even more terrified of touch now more than ever"

Davis looked into Ronin's eyes not saying a word.

"May I touch you to attend to your wounds", Venus asked for permission to touch him before he started treating his wounds.

Davis slighty nodded his head, his throat hurt from screaming and the fact that He-Boss pressed a knife into his neck. His stomach was bruised a lot and more bruising was gonna come in soon. Hes forced to sit up straight because of the pain on his stomach. That bitch hit him a lot of times with fucking crowbar on the torso. His head hurt from how much they pulled his hair back. Only a few bruises had appeared on his face but many more will appear. Touching will probably be completely out of the equation after this. But if I like to think if he was put in this situation again, he'd do it all over again without hesitation. Because he did it for Them. More specifically he did it for Her.

He was winning until She-Boss came in. Was it all a trap... Were Ronin and Kreig's suspicions correct or was there something in-between the lines that no one's picking up on.

As Venus attended to Davis, something Avian said kept running through Ronin's mind,
*as soon as the fight ended he just collapsed. Collapsed . Colla..pased...*

"Davis?"

"Mhmm"

"Have you been coughing up blood?"

Davis looked up from staring at the floor. Ronin was crouched in front of him. Venus had stopped helping him for a second and wandered off to find something to wrap the ice packs in to help the bruising on his face go down a bit and not start swelling.

"Y-ye-yeah"

Ronin noticed something on his neck, it was red. It was a slight slit where He-Boss had pressed the knife, "That bitch" Ronin ran his finger over the cut, wiping away the blood, it had somewhat dried so it wasn't gonna bleed out again.

"And you've been coughing into your sleeve, and youve been coughing a shit ton too, fuck"

"S-so-sorry"

"Don't apologise, you're fine, I should've protected you instead of getting angry at your decisions"

"It's n-not yo-your f-fault"

"I'm proud of you buddy."

Davis looked at Ronin, wanting to smile but his face was too sore to move it.