Chapter 47 Nearly Caught

The students left Colin Ana and Flex back at their own dorms, Shino Davis and Kol ran back to their dorm hoping Artemis would be asleep
As they dashed back to the dorm they were spotted. "oi! Show your faces!" Avian shouted after them but they ignored and continued running, they had to run behind the dorm and use the balcony to get back in so the teachers couldn't tell what dorm they went to. Artemis was asleep but the ruckus of the rough landing on the balcony woke him up.

"Shino, is that you..?"

"Hey Arti, did I wake you up, sorry I just needed some fresh air"

"Is Davis out there with you he isn't in bed"

"Umm yeah he is, he can't sleep with the migraines." Shino shushed Kol and made him hide when Artemis came on to the balcony.

"Aww sorry Davis I forgot you have those"

"I-i-i-i-im f-f-f-fine"

"Oh your voice is coming back that's good"

"How about we all go back inside maybe get some night time tea and get Davis some paracetamol (it's like Tylenol for Americans). For his migraine"

"Sure" Artemis Shino and Davis walked back into the dorm and straight into the kitchen/dining room/lounge (it's a dorm ya know). Kol was able to sneak back to Flex's dorm balcony once they left. Moments later Ronin Avian and Moodswing come knocking on the door so Artemis answers it and welcomes them in.

"Why are you three kids awake at this time"

"I was asleep but woke up, I came upstairs for a drink."

"I needed some fresh air after a bad dream and Davis has a migraine so he can't sleep" Shino scratched his head hoping they would believe his obvious lies.

"Uh huh. Is it okay if you two go back to bed while we talk to Davis alone please"

"Uhhh sure I guess come on Arti"

Davis glanced over at Shino before he left the room with Artemis then looked back at the three Pro-Heros / teachers in front of him. He cleared his throat wanting to say something but decided against it.

"Take off your visors Davis, I can see you're hiding something under it"

"Y-y-y-your w-w-wrong"

"Davis. take it off now." Ronins tone was stern and serious but still sounded concerned

"I-i-i-i c-c-can't"

"Well why not?" Moodswing chimes in with.

"U-u-u-uh"

"Son please, I'm here to help you.." Ronin changed his tone to a softer more caring one for Davis to stay calm. Davis could tell Ronin only wanted to help by his gentle soft and quiet tone.

"F-f-f-f-fine" Davis ruffled his hair out of the way and let his visors hang from his ear so they could see his eye.

They were shocked to see a new injury plus an old scar bleeding again

"What happened?... Who did that?! Davis Who did this!?" Avian asked panicked

"I-i-i-it d-d-d-doesnt m-m-m-m-matter"

"Davis yes it does. Of course it matters now who the fuck did that to you"

"F-f-f-f-f-father" his tone was afraid. Davis is afraid of him. Rightfully so.

"Wait who's his father...?" Moodswing whispered to Avian.

"Manolo aka Metica" Avian whispers back to her.

"Fucking Manolo did this to you. That stupid bitch I'm gonna fucking kill him..."

"That's the dude that killed Angelo.. right"

"Correct"

"I-i-i-it d-d-d-doesnt m-m-m-m-matter, I-i-i-i-im f-f-f-fine"

"You're clearly not fine, kid" Moodswing said walking up to him and Ronin. "Avian can you call Venus"

"Of course one second" Avian left to the front door to call Venus to come over and help Davis.

"I-i-i-it d-d-d-doesnt m-m-m-m-matter"

"Kiddo please stop saying that it doesn't matter. It does matter, c'mere it's okay" Ronin held him gently in a hug to keep him calm until Venus arrives.

Moodswing snaps a picture of them because it's cute. A couple of minutes later Venus finally arrives. And he's not happy Avian called him while he was asleep.

"What did you need me for?"

"Hi Stardust, do you mind helping Davis."

"Is it self harm..?"

"Nononono we solved that the first time he's just bleeding go see it for yourself"

"Okayyy..." Venus knew that they didn't exactly solve it the first time but decided not to tell him that.

"Hey Ronin, Moodswing uhh What's wrong with Davis, he's bleeding again apparently"

"Well yes he is. I haven't asked what exactly happened yet but we do know it was Manolos doing"

 I haven't asked what exactly happened yet but we do know it was Manolos doing"

"I thought you guys were on okay terms again"

"Apparently not anymore we aren't"

"So Davis can you tell us what exactly happened". Ronin had to pretend he wasn't spying on him while this was going down.

"M-m-m-m-manolo a-a-and I-i-i w-w-were t-t-talking"

"Okay and what did he do while you talked"

"H-h-he g-g-grabbed m-m-my c-c-collar t-t-t-then h-h-he p-p-p-pushed m-me t-to t-t-the g-g-ground a-a-and I-i-i h-hit m-m-my e-e-eye o-o-off s-s-s-something b-b-b-but I-i-i-it d-d-d-doesnt m-m-m-m-matter"

"Davis... Stop saying that. Please kiddo. He hurt you that matters."

"Thanks Venus, anyway we should finish our patrol Ronin you should probably stay with him"

"Thank you V. Good luck, Also can you tell Ana Flex Colin and Kol to come to my cram classroom when schools back in session"

"Of course I'm guessing you'll be telling Shino and Davis"

"Yeah"

Avian and Moodswing left to finish their patrol, and Venus left to go back to bed.

"Come on kiddo let's get you to bed then"

Ronin put Davis to bed. Well he tried to but Davis didn't want Ronin to leave. So Ronin took off his shoes and fell asleep on Davis' bed.