3

At 3AM in the middle of the night, Aashi tried to wake up Ayaan by calling out his name repeatedly. She approached him and shouted, "Ayaan, wake up!"

Startled, Ayaan woke up and asked, "What's wrong? Are you okay? Why are you yelling at this time?"

Aashi looked down and replied, "Nothing happened to me, actually."

Ayaan observed her from head to toe and said, "I know you're not actually scared, but I'm afraid to leave you alone here. Can you please come with me?"

Ayaan continued, "Why are you blabbering? Let's go back to sleep. I know you're not scared, but there's no need to prove it in the middle of the night. Let's sleep."

Aashi insisted, "It's not midnight. I need to use the washroom. I'm scared, please come with me."

Ayaan responded, "What are you saying? I'm not coming. You just said you're not scared. Let me sleep." He covered his face with a blanket.

Aashi pleaded, "Please, I'm not scared, but look outside. There are so many trees. It almost feels like I'm in a forest. Come with me, please."

Ayaan stood up from the bed and said, "Thank god we have an attached bathroom in our house in Mumbai. Otherwise, I don't know what I would have done." He walked towards the door. "Are you coming or not? Or are you even scared to come with me?"

"No, no, I'm coming. Don't walk too fast, please. I'm coming," Aashi said, running towards him and accidentally tripping.

Ayaan said, "So, go do your business. I'll wait here."

As Aashi entered the washroom, the lights suddenly went out. Startled, she left her place and clung onto Ayaan.

"What happened?" she exclaimed.

Ayaan explained, "In the village, electricity is not a good combination. Why did you come out? Go back in."

"It's too dark. I'm scared," Aashi admitted.

Ayaan reassured her, "Aashi, I'm standing right here. Go, or do you want me to come with you?"

"No, no. Can't you just keep talking to me? Just keep saying anything, and please don't leave," Aashi requested

"Ok ok ok I won't I will not stop talking you are impossible."

After a few minutes, she emerged.

"When will we return to the city? I don't like being away from here."

"Let's go soon, I'm tired," she said, walking beside him and holding his hand tightly. "Aashi, you seem really scared. I haven't seen anyone this frightened before."

They arrived at their room.

"Ayaan, when will the electricity come back? It's been a while."

"No, it's not a problem. Let's sleep..."

Soon, they drifted off to Dreamland.

The next morning...

"Aashi, we're leaving. I've packed our bags in the car. We're heading to the airport."

"Are we leaving today? Thank God. Thank you so much."

"I don't want you to fall behind in your studies, and I don't want to deal with your drama at night. Let's go then."

"Fine."

After a few hours, they arrived at their house.

"Ayaan, you live in a joint family."

"No, it's just temporary. Don't worry, everyone loves you so much."

"But our marriage..."

"Don't worry. They were present at our wedding, right? They've known everything from the beginning, and they haven't said anything so far. They won't say anything now. Let's go. And remember, you're younger than everyone, so respect them."