12

" Aashika, wake up already! How much longer do you want to sleep? You'll be late for your classes!"

"Ayaan, seriously, today is Saturday. We don't have any classes on Saturdays and Sundays. Let me sleep." Aashika mumbled covering her ears.

"Fine, at least wake up and let's have breakfast together. And don't take a bath with cold water, you'll get sick again, okay?"

"I don't even take cold baths in the summer. I'll do everything, just let me sleep." She said, covering herself more.

He uncovered her and took her hand, making her stand.

"Ayaan" she said annoyed.

"Good morning! Do you want to take a bath by yourself or do you want me to do it for you too?"

She covered her ears with her hand.

"Don't talk nonsense, you're mean." she said, running to the bathroom.

Ayaan was setting breakfast on the table. Aashika came and sat on a chair, looking at her phone.

"Aashi, Daksh bhaiya will leave his daughter here today as he is going out with bhabhi." Ayaan informed Aashika looked at him with excitement.

"Bhaiya has a daughter too? What's her name? Why haven't I seen her?"

"Her name is Khushi and she's coming today, so take care of her. I might come home late today, so you both better not cause any trouble."

"I don't cause trouble, and I'll take care of her because I love children", she said, smiling.

"Yes, one child loves another. You two are just the same, just with an age difference. You'll make a great pair." Ayaan said in a sarcastic tone making aashika roll her eyes.

"You don't have to worry about us."

"Yes, yes, I'm leaving. Don't cause any trouble and call me if something happens" he said, kissing her forehead. She grins and covers her face.

"Why are you being so shy? What did he say that made you blush?" He said while his thumb pad caresses her lips.

"Oh, nothing. Just ignore it and let's go." She pushes him playfully.

Ayaan opened the door after hearing it's ring bell , he found daksh standing there with his adorable 5-year-old daughter and his sister-in-law.

"Hey, bhaiya, you came just in time. I was about to leave. She'll take care of her." Ayaan said, smiling at Kushi.

"Don't tell me you're leaving my kid with your kid. They'll make a mess of the rooms." Daksh laughed, teasing Aashika who was pouting.

"I'm not a child! " Aashika said, looking away.

"You sure aren't. I'll take her before evening, and don't give her any chocolate. Khushi, be good and don't trouble Chachi, okay?" Daksh said, ruffling her hair.

"Papa doesn't do that. It takes time to fix my hair." Khushi said, going inside and saying goodbye to her parents.

"Bhaiya, have fun. Why don't you leave Khushi here at night? I can take care of her so you two can have fun too." Ayaan said, trying not to laugh.

"Don't corrupt your child, Ayaan." Daksh said to Ayaan.

"Ayaan, you have a child?" Aashika looked at him, confused.

Listening to this, Ayaan. Look at her and give her a look of 'are you an idiot?'

"Look, I told you not to corrupt her." Daksh was about to continue, but Ayaan covered his mouth with his palm.

"We're leaving, Aashi. I'll call you, okay?" He said, dragging Daksh out of the building, followed by his sister-in-law, Roshni.

"You got yourself an innocent wife." Roshni laughed teasing him.

"Roshni bhabhi, don't make fun of me, and stop him too." Ayaan said, glaring at her.

"I can see right through you, Ayaan. Your bhabhi was never shy before, and she wasn't clueless like Aashika." Daksh said, winking at him and getting into her car.

"She can't be this innocent. It's not possible. But maybe it can happen. No, no, it can't." Ayaan shook his head and left for work as well.

Kushi and Aashika were enjoying themselves by watching movies at home together.

"Hey Chachi, can we have some ice cream while we watch this show?"

"Of course, baby! I'll get it from the fridge for you. Just wait here, okay?"

Aashika went to the kitchen to get the ice cream, but unfortunately, there was none left.

"Khushi, I think I should order something for us, including ice cream."

She ordered pasta, ice cream, and coke for the two of them.

When the order arrived, they happily ate and continued watching movies.

"Chachi, I'm getting bored. Let's go out. How about going to the park?"

"But Khushi, it's cold outside. Maybe we can play here instead." Aashika said herself feeling cold.

"No, I really want to go out. Please come with me, Chachi."

"Alright, let me put on something warm. It is quite chilly outside."

"Chachi, it's not that cold. Why are you acting like this? Let's go play."

Reluctantly, she accompanied Khushi to the park, wrapping her scarf around herself.

Feeling the cold wind, she shivered and looked at Khushi. Aashika then took her scarf and put it around Khushi.

"If you really don't want to play, we can go back home." Aashika suggested

"No, I want to swing!" Khushi exclaimed, running towards the swings while Aashika sat on a nearby bench.

" Why does it have to be so cold? I feel like sleeping now." Aashika mumbler to herself rubbing her arms.

.

.

.

After an hour, they turned home . Aashika was sitting in the room while Khushi was sleeping beside her, covered with a blanket.

Aashika went to kitchen to get some water when the doorbell rang, indicating that someone had arrived.

She opened the door and saw Daksh standing there with Roshni.

"Come inside, Bhaiya."

"No need, we're just going. Where is our little monster?"

"Your little monster made me run around, wanting to play in this cold, windy weather. I had to take her, and now I'm feeling super cold while she's sleeping."

"You should have just denied her. It's cold, what if you both get sick? You don't know she was already coughing last night, and you were also sick, right? Ayaan will not leave you if any of you fall sick."

He said and went to her bedroom, taking the sleeping Kushi with him.