7

Daksh expressed his frustration by saying, "Aashika, you seem to struggle with even the simplest tasks. How can you be so unintelligent?" as he lightly tapped her head with a copy. She appeared upset, with a red nose and tears in her eyes.

Ayaan tried to stifle his laughter while observing the situation.

Daksh attempted to help her with a question, but she couldn't grasp even the most basic concepts. It seemed unlikely that she would be able to complete her assignment questions.

"Ayaan, she needs to start learning from scratch. She lacks even the most basic math skills, and I'm almost certain she will fail. You should find her a math tutor who can start from the basics."

"Why don't you teach her yourself? Why should I have to find someone?" Ayaan responded.

"Are you implying that you want your wife to cry every day?"

"It doesn't matter. You teach her. I'll send her over in the evening. You don't have to come up; just leave the materials downstairs. If she's done with her assignment, you can leave her. Look at her face; she's about to cry. Let's have dinner together."

"No need. Your sister-in-law must have prepared dinner. I'm going home," Daksh said as he walked away.

Ayaan sat next to Aashika and asked, "Why are you so upset? Let's have dinner."

"I don't want him to teach me," she replied, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"He's not that bad, Aashi. He'll teach you everything. Don't cry," Ayaan reassured her.

She sniffles wiping her eyes. " He hit me with his register it hurts. "

" Shh now come with me "

He guided her to the dining table.

She refused to eat and turned away.

"Aashi, you must eat your food and finish your milk," he insisted.

After dinner, they retired to their room. Aashi lay on the bed looking sad.

"What's wrong, my dear wife?" he asked, lying down beside her and pulling her close.

"Why don't you change before sleeping?" he suggested, but she shook her head. "Ok at least remove these...umm Never mind, let's sleep."

In the morning, Ayaan was awakened by a noise.

He followed the sound to the kitchen, where Aashika was attempting to cook but making a mess.

He rushed to stop her when he saw milk spilling over the stove and her hand getting burned.

He quickly put her hand under running water.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked, his voice filled with anger.

"I'm sorry, I was trying to make breakfast for you, but I made a mess. I'll clean it up, just leave me be," she said, trying to pull her hand away.

" Keep quiet and remain still." After a while, he took her hand out and wiped it with a towel.

"Thank goodness it's not burned."

"May I have the pleasure of knowing why you did all of this?" he asked, folding his hands in front of him.

"I wanted to make breakfast for you," she replied, looking down.

"Who told you to make breakfast?"

"I wanted to, you treat me so well, and whenever you hug me, I like it. So, I wanted to make you happy by making breakfast."

"Do you even understand what you're saying? Leave it, I'm leaving for the hospital and you're leaving for college. Let's go."

"Ayaan, the water today was not good. It was kind of dirty."

"Is it? Okay, I will check tomorrow. Let's go for now."

They both went to their respective places.

In college, they were all sitting in the classroom. Aashika was continuously talking with her friend as they hadn't seen each other in a long time.

"Where were you, Aashika? I missed you a lot, but you didn't miss me. You just called me. I told you many times to come, but you..." her friend said, giving her a long, tight hug from the side.

"If your reunion is done, can I proceed with the class? Or do you need more time?" the teacher said, glaring at them.

They got separated and waited for a minute, and as the teacher turned towards the board and started teaching, they began talking again. They weren't even aware that their class had ended and a different teacher had come to teach everyone.

"Hey, you two in the last bench," Daksh said. "AASHIKA AND KAJAL, are you both in class?"

They both looked at the source of the voice and stood up.

"Come and solve this question," he said, sitting on a chair.

They looked at each other and gulped.

"If you don't know the answer, then you can leave my class and stand outside to discuss your important business," he said in a stern tone .

They both came out of the class.

"Rude," said Aashika. "Let's go. What's the point of standing there?" They both went to the cafeteria and sat down. Kanak joined them.

"So, what are losers like you doing here?" she said, sitting in front of them

"I apologize for that incident, Didi. I did not mean to insult you......" Aashika was about to say more, but Kanak poured cold water on her head from her bottle.

"Please keep your apologies to yourself and do not dare to come in front of me." saying that Kanak pushed her, causing Aashika to fall down. Tears filled her eyes.

"What is her problem? Why can't she take a joke as a joke?" Kajal said, helping Aashika stand.

As they were walking towards the washroom, Daksh stopped them and was about to scold them for leaving. However, he stopped when he saw Aashika crying.

"What happened to you, Aashika? Did someone say something to you? And why are your clothes and hair wet? It's not time for you both to play with water, it's not summer," he asked.

"Sir, that bit... Sorry, I mean, Kanak poured cold water on her and even pushed her," Kajal explained.

"But why did she do it?"

"I don't know, sir. She is always mean to her..."

"Okay, okay, enough. You go to your class, I will deal with her later. And you, Aashika, come with me," Daksh instructed.

He took Aashika to his office and made her sit down.

"Stop crying, Aashika. I will talk to her, I promise. Now, don't cry," he said, wiping her tears.

"Okay, tell me, did you say something to her?"

"I didn't. She has been angry with me since my last interaction with her."

"Are you feeling cold? I should call Ayaan to pick you up. You can't stay here like this. Wait." Saying that, he called Ayaan and explained everything.

"He is coming in a few minutes. You can stay here until then rest here."