5

"Deepak bhaiya, are you here? Are you his cousin? You are the only person I love here. It would be wonderful if you could stay with us. We are moving tomorrow, and it would mean a lot if you could come with us. Is that okay? "

Ayaan was taken aback by Aashi's words, feeling a pang of jealousy towards his brother.

"He is a sweet teacher, Aashi. But you can't just say you love him out of the blue. And how come you know him so well?"

"Aashi, this is not right. You can't be saying such things in front of me. I am your husband," Ayaan said, his eyes filled with anger.

Deepak, sensing the tension, raised his hands in surrender.

"I haven't done anything wrong, Ayaan. Aashi just admires me as her teacher. It's all in good fun," Deepak explained, taking a seat on the sofa.

"No, I am being honest. You rescue me on numerous occasions."

Yes, I rescued her from Daksh since then she became a fan of mine.

"Why are you late?" Inquired Ayaan, still visibly annoyed.

"I got held up with work, and this is for you," Deepak replied, handing him a pair of watches.

Ayaan closed the door after Deepak left.

"Do you like him?" Ayaan asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes, I really do. He saved me from Daksh, otherwise I'm certain he would have killed me that day."

"What you did that made you so certain that he would have killed you?" she asked, slipping under the blanket.

"Why don't you change first? I'll bring something more comfortable for you to wear," he suggested.

"Let it be. It's cold and I don't want to change now. I'll sleep like this," she replied.

"There's no need. I'm going to bring something," he insisted, searching in his wardrobe for his sleeping t-shirt and pants.

"Wear it and come quickly," he said, handing her the clothes.

"Don't you think, Ayaan, it's too loose? If I wear it, it will automatically come down. I'll sleep like this. I don't want to change," she argued.

"First go and change. You don't need tight clothes to wear at night, so it's good that it's loose," he reasoned.

Not having any other option, she went to the bathroom to change her clothes. She came out after a few minutes, holding up the pants with her hand. Yes, the clothes were too loose for her. The t-shirt kept slipping off her shoulder from one side, reaching just above her knees, and the pants were also too loose.

"It looks like the clothes have swallowed you," Ayaan laughed at her.

"Don't laugh. I'm going to change back into a saree. I'm not going to sleep like this. Look how loose it is," she protested.

"No need to change. Come here," he gestured for her to come to him.

She walked over to him, and he was sitting on the bed. She stood in front of him.

"Loosen your hand," he instructed.

"What?" she questioned.

"I said loosen your hand," he repeated.

"But it will fall. Can't you see?" she pointed towards her pants.

"I can see that, but I'm sure this t-shirt is big enough for you. Why don't you sleep without pants? There will be no problem," he suggested.

"I will tell my mom if you talk like this. I will not sleep like this," she threatened.

"Why would you tell this to your mom? I'm your legal husband," Ayaan said, as she tried to hide herself.

"Because you are talking inappropriately to me. I will sleep with these on," she declared.

"Is it preferable for you to sleep with these clothes and then come to this side, or would you rather sleep alone on the bed? Alternatively, would you like to inform your mother about this?"

"No, you will sleep here. I can't sleep alone. But how should I sleep? It will fall," she complained, pointing to her pants again.

"You don't have to run a marathon, so it will be fine. But wait," he said, going to the drawer and retrieving a string. He tied it around her waist. "Loosen your hand and see if it's okay now."

She loosened her hand and smiled. "Yes, it's okay now. Look, it's not falling."

"I can see that. Can we sleep now?"

"Yes," she replied. Saying that, she climbed inside the blanket and fell asleep within minutes. In her sleep, she shifted to Ayaan's side, placing her hand on him and tangling her leg with his.

He turned towards her and quickly covered her completely with his blanket. Her t-shirt had slipped down from her shoulder, revealing her cleavage. Not wanting to see that, he covered her completely again and hugged her while he slept.

In the morning, Ayaan woke up before her and went to the bathroom to freshen up. After showering and getting dressed, he went to wake up Aashika but was failing miserably.

"Aashi, we have to go. Wake up now," he said, taking her blanket away.

"Just give me five minutes," she mumbled in a sleepy voice.

Ayaan smiled upon hearing her. "These five minutes will never end, Aashi. Wake up."

She sat on the bed with her eyes closed. "I'm feeling cold. I don't like winter," she said, pulling the blanket closer to her.

"Get ready. We will leave after breakfast. You also have to go to college, right?"

"I can't go to college in a saree, so I will go after getting my usual clothes. I will attend online classes until then."

"I have already arranged for someone to bring your clothes. They are here now, so please prepare yourself. It's time to get up."

"I don't like you. I don't want to leave here with you. You don't even let me sleep."

"Aashika, I've warned you multiple times already. Get out of bed immediately, or I will personally escort you to the bathroom and douse you with cold water," he shouted at her.

"Don't refer to me as Aashika," she whispered.

"What's the matter?"

"You constantly call me Aashi, and now you suddenly use my full name. It feels strange. I'm leaving, don't be angry."

After uttering those words, she wrapped the blanket around herself and made her way towards the bathroom door, but Ayaan halted her.

"Don't tell me you're going inside with the blanket still wrapped around you."

"Yes, I am going like this. Let go of my hand."

He released her hand and snatched the blanket, tossing it back onto the bed.

She crossed her arms around herself, shivering from the cold and the fact that she was only wearing a t-shirt.

"Now go and hurry back," he said, tugging at her t-shirt, which had slipped off her shoulder.