02

today is one sure exhausting day. it is probably one of those unlucky days. joshua can't believe that he forgot to do his biology homework. not to mention, his professor is the strict type that is never satisfied with anything.

joshua is an excellent student. straight a's. yet, he forgot to finish an assignment because he spent all day yesterday thinking about his unspoken feelings after the study session with his two best friends.

earlier, professor lee demanded joshua to turn in the late assignment by 8 am tomorrow sharp for half credit. either a 50% grade or a zero. neither sounds good, but joshua will always choose half credit over retaking the damn class. who would want to fail his class and suffer for another semester?

well, at least i'll get some points. joshua sighs as he plans to just skip lunch to suffer in the library. since he has other assignments to do later tonight, he wants to get the late one over with now.

joshua enters the library. there is not many students because it's lunch hour. he sits at a table by the window and is about to unzip his backpack when his phone starts buzzing.

[seungcheol]

seungcheol:
yo where are you?
let's grab lunch together
i'm in the cafeteria
come quickkkk
where are you?
where aRE YOUUU???

joshua:
what
i'm skipping lunch today
i need to finish a late assignment
have fun with jeonghan

seungcheol:
am i seeing this right??
late assignment?? you???
damn
jeonghan left me here alone to work on a group
project ☹️
and no one in the stupid gc answered me!!
come eat with me pls?
u're stupid assignment can wait
pretty pls?? 🥺🥺🥺

joshua:
shut up
and fine 😑 i'll be there in 5
and it's "your" or "ur", not "u're"

seungcheol:
okkkkkkkkkkkkkk
and shut up, i don't care

joshua softly sighs for the nth time. he stands up and leaves the library.

when he enters the cafeteria, he immediately sees the older. the guy is waving his hand excitedly right when he spots joshua.

"joshua! shua, here!" seungcheol yells from across the huge room. he looks like a five-year-old with his wide eyes and big smile.

joshua reaches the table and plops down in front of seungcheol. "geez, don't yell. it's embarrassing."

seungcheol and jeonghan always yell his name whenever they see him. whether he is far away or close, their first reaction is to scream his name. it is honestly so embarrassing but joshua can never tell the person he loves to stop. maybe because he loves to hear jeonghan's voice or maybe it's the way he calls him. seungcheol, on the other hand, sometimes gets scolded by poor joshua, but joshua is never scary. he is forever the cutest in his friends' eyes.

"you must be starving. here, i bought you your favorite sandwich." seungcheol places the wrapped up subway sandwich in front of joshua.

joshua smiles at the other with his cute eye smile, "thank you."

"no problem," seungcheol winks playfully. this earns an eye roll from the younger.

"stop flirting. it doesn't suit you."

"why, because i'm not your jeonghan?" joshua freezes in his spot. does he know? that's impossible. "hey, i can be flirty and cute too! watch me. i'm your seungcheol." seungcheol exclaims sulkily before smiling mischievously at the last sentence.

joshua lets out a sigh of relief. he stopped breathing for a second there. that's good. no one, especially seungcheol, can know about this pathetic love.

joshua playfully throws a piece of bread at the male's face. "that is what happens when you hang out with yoon jeonghan too much." the older giggles and joshua joins.

the two spends the rest of their lunch time talking about classes. joshua explains about the problem with professor lee but leaves out the real reason behind it. he says he accidentally fell asleep the moment he got home yesterday because he was too tired. seungcheol, of course, buys it easily.